Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Mav back to the dealer for the clutch stud update and had them put my EPI clutch kit in also. They started off with getting a base line of where my Mav was with another stock Maverick. Stock vs stock my Mav pulled away at 4000rpms. I don't know if I have a "factory freak" or scotchbriting my primary and secondary clutches did the trick. After they got the EPI kit installed and dialed it in they raced a Maverick with a $2000 STI (I think its called STI) clutch set up and my Mav was right with it and never got beat. All in all pretty impressed. I'm going to run it this Saturday at a local rec area here in lower MI to further test her out.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Took my Mav back to the dealer for the clutch stud update and had them put my EPI clutch kit in also. They started off with getting a base line of where my Mav was with another stock Maverick. Stock vs stock my Mav pulled away at 4000rpms. I don't know if I have a "factory freak" or scotchbriting my primary and secondary clutches did the trick. After they got the EPI kit installed and dialed it in they raced a Maverick with a $2000 STI (I think its called STI) clutch set up and my Mav was right with it and never got beat. All in all pretty impressed. I'm going to run it this Saturday at a local rec area here in lower MI to further test her out.
Which kit did you get? The Mudder or the Sand Dune kit?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
its a stm clutch kit your talking about

so the epi puts enough pressure on the clutches to bite good huh

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think I saw this kit at Turn Key for $276. Factor in the 10% forum discount and would be around $250.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try and get some videos up in the next couple of days. The place I ride in MI is called Bundy Hill. Its located in Hillsdale MI. Basically a gravel pit turned into a riding park. Lots of fun things to do. I have the "Trail kit". Supposedly an all around kit. I will be checking it out at Silver Lake sand dunes as well on 8-10 thru 8-13. Hopefully I can run a new XP1000 and see how bad it beats me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well......bad news......Silver Lake sand dunes killed any ambitions left for my Mav......eating two 150$ belts(4 total now) . New XP 1000 will be ordered soon. Mav will be gone.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to keep the Mav and get the STM set up. It's to awesome of a machine for me to give up on.

·
Registered
806 Posts
That's what I like to hear. Truth is that you seen how big a piece of shit the xp1000 is and then changed your mind, huh.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got the STM set up....Awesome!!!! Bring on the XP1000!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wonder if your clutches are mis-aligned? Or are somehow scarred / scraped... I've ridden 500+ miles in the OR Dunes and haven't broken a belt yet with the stock clutching.

Sport Mode, 2wd in High Range

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. Something sounds amiss there. My EPI clutch kit worked great before I swapped it over for the QSC/STM set up and the belt looked like new. It became my spare to carry with me. The EPI kit is now in the classified section if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is very possible about my stock clutches being misaligned. All I know is I hope I don't have to worry anymore with the STM set up!!! It would be nice to ride on the dunes for more than 5 minutes.. lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't really know for sure??? 26" ITP Sand Stars. I have the STM set up now and just ordered their blower.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts