Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw that EPI is offering a clutch kit for the Mav and was wondering if anyone has heard anything on this? I have to pull my belt housing and seal the back side anyways so I figured what the hell I might as well throw it on while I'm doing this. I figured it would help a bit with low end and hopefully with the belt slipping issue I have been having. Any info helps thanks fellas

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What does EPI say their kit will do?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What does EPI say their kit will do?
This is directly from their site for this style clutch.
Mudder Clutch Kits for Can-Am
• Designed for machines with 28" or larger tires
• Allows for easier turning of larger tires in the mud
• Better low end power and torque
• Quicker backshift which results in crisp throttle response
• Reduces belt slip and clutch heat

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive had EPI clutch kits in two other machines and was very pleased, kind of the reason why I figured what the hell.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Their kit is for the primary correct? Hmmm I have been told that the secondary control back shifting so I'm curious about how they make that better. But I'm no clutch expert.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
correct, primary weights and spring and secondary spring.
They also include the pivot cams that hold the weights right? Not sure if there called pivot cams.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I ordered the can am high altitude cams that just came out. They have 4000 and 8000 ft available. The secondary spring stays stock no change on primary as well only change the ramps. I figured try this first.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I ordered the can am high altitude cams that just came out. They have 4000 and 8000 ft available. The secondary spring stays stock no change on primary as well only change the ramps. I figured try this first.
Which weights did you go with and what altitude are you at?

·
Registered
417 Posts
I'm at 3500 and above all the time up to 6000 a lot so I ordered the 4000 arms. I have an EPI red but didn't install it yet. I want to see what this changes first.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've had my weights milled down at a machine shop as per can am spec sheet for altitude. I'm near your elevation. You should be happy with the results. I wouldn't change the secondary yet either. I had a stiffer secondary spring similar to yours and it holds the shift too much with the lighter weights I thought. I also will be curious to see what your engagement will be. I never ran the stock primary spring with the lighter weights. I'm using a lower engagement spring with a stiffer top rate. Keep me posted on what you find.

·
Registered
964 Posts
If you have a digital caliper or micrometer, could you measure the thickness when you get them? If not that's ok, just curious to what they are.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm at 3500 and above all the time up to 6000 a lot so I ordered the 4000 arms. I have an EPI red but didn't install it yet. I want to see what this changes first.
Hey Chippy- any updates on your setup. Did you ever install secondary red spring

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sorry guys been busy and not on forum much. The Can Am 4000ft kit really woke this thing up. I was not able to hit 8000 in high before now I can. In sport low I can bounce the rev limiter. I don't think I need to change anything else as I'm pretty happy with it now. Thx for you input regarding the kit you were right.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I ended up ordering STM, but I have the Can-Am 4000 kit if anyone needs it. It's 6 new levers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts