Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

My Mav makes alot of tapping noise when idling on passanger side, goes away under power. Thinkng the valves need adjusting but its brand new so was wondering if any one else has the same noise.

my new rig.jpg

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I forgot about that......
No noises that shouldn't be there, even less now I got rid of the clacking primary. Nothing but the purr of the motor.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i think the noise ur hearing is the 12-1 motor , tapping into that front exhaust tube right there by shifter ! normal

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well I finally got a front tire for mine after 7 weeks and I headed home and had a blowout on trailer on way home.... With no spare! Yea [email protected]£¥ me. I'm an hour from my help but I have been riding the Mav in bar ditch while I wait. No tapping noise.

·
Registered
964 Posts
The fuel injectors click and make a lot of noise. I have been wrapping my exhaust and had the center console off, I listened to the engine all over with a stethoscope and the valves are quiet and the injectors click pretty loud, Mine is brand new. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I had this all the time on my 800 outlander which was an 07, was the cam tension chain. Again a rotax engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts