Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2020 X3 max xrs turbo rr. Engine light came on with codes p0301 p0302 p0303. Misfire in all 3 cylinders. Also went into limp mode. If I change the spark plugs out and that was the problem, will the codes clear and engine light go off? Or will I need the dealer to clear them out and the check engine light? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
thats whats nice about a pv3 up can clear codes in seconds
my 17 had to be cleared but you can try to by un-hooking the battery
all three is not good...bad gas?
also this is not the x3 forum
there are canam xrs that are not x3s

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this was my first time posting ha sry about that. I was just running down the road, the codes popped up with the check engine light on, went into limp mode and then the radio cut off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2020 X3 max xrs turbo rr. Engine light came on with codes p0301 p0302 p0303. Misfire in all 3 cylinders. Also went into limp mode. First came the check engine light, then the codes and then limp mode. It even cut off my radio. If I change the spark plugs out and that was the problem, will the codes clear and engine light go off? Or will I need the dealer to clear them out and the check engine light? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
612 Posts
Normally requires a device like a DynoJet PV3 to clear codes without the dealer.

Sounds like a ground or low voltage issue...at least that’s my dart a the side of the barn... does it start fine?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Normally requires a device like a DynoJet PV3 to clear codes without the dealer.

Sounds like a ground or low voltage issue...at least that’s my dart a the side of the barn... does it start fine?
Starts and runs fine. Maybe loose ground? Short maybe? I have a amp grounded to the cage. It’s ran from a sound bar

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

But once it hits limp mode it runs like crap. I’ll let it sit for 10 min and it’ll run like nothing’s wrong, get a mile down the road and it does it all again. It sat for about 3 weeks before this. I mean could that cause this?

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
612 Posts
My guess would be a lose ground but I’m really just guessing in the dark. Assuming stock tune, stock spark plugs, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

This sounds absolutely crazy but, Could the ground from my amp or sound bar be sending a bad Signal to the coil packs? Coil packs have a ground from them to the motor. I’ve seen a post similar

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
this was my first time posting ha sry about that. I was just running down the road, the codes popped up with the check engine light on, went into limp mode and then the radio cut off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Was it ever resolved?
Hope you dug into the other attached threads within that thread, there are a lot of different suggestions which pertain to the issue.

Still don't know for sure I haven't been out to put on the needed consecutive miles as yet.
I tend to be a "fair weather" driver with the Can-Am

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope you dug into the other attached threads within that thread, there are a lot of different suggestions which pertain to the issue.

Still don't know for sure I haven't been out to put on the needed consecutive miles as yet.
I tend to be a "fair weather" driver with the Can-Am
Yeah I read it all lol a lot there. I’m gonna start with the basics. Fresh gas, spark plugs, coil packs and change my belt. I smoked it the last time we went out and it was real jerky on take off. Then I started having these issues about 3 weeks after. It sat that whole time. Only 250 miles on it. I seen where smoking a belt can set off these codes?!?! Is there much truth to that?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Yeah I read it all lol a lot there. I’m gonna start with the basics. Fresh gas, spark plugs, coil packs and change my belt. I smoked it the last time we went out and it was real jerky on take off. Then I started having these issues about 3 weeks after. It sat that whole time. Only 250 miles on it. I seen where smoking a belt can set off these codes?!?! Is there much truth to that?
Yes there are those where the belt will cause the issue.
Yes first start with the most basic, especially things like checking grounds, cleaning all the anti seize out of the threads in the head (brake cleaner on a clean rag wrapped around a screwdriver or alike) and replace plugs, belt (scotch brite pulleys), fuel etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited by Moderator)
Yes first start with the most basic, especially things like checking grounds, cleaning all the anti seize out of the threads in the head (brake cleaner on a clean rag wrapped around a screwdriver or alike) and replace plugs, belt (scotch brite pulleys), fuel etc.
Will do. Man I appreciate it a lot for the help. I’m new to can am. Where would be the grounds to check? From the coil packs? Or on the machine it self?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Will do. Man I appreciate it a lot for the help. I’m new to can am. Where would be the grounds to check? From the coil packs? Or on the machine it self?
No problem, this can be very frustrating and why we have these forums.

Battery, 3 post terminal on passenger side tunnel, solenoid, frame.

Also check the fuel vent line that enters your frame above the left rear wheel, they sometimes get kinked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited by Moderator)
What I mean is all grounds in general

1 - 20 of 40 Posts