Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so here is the background, Presidents’ Day weekend I had a dead battery, in the desert, had to charge it, it took quite a while, the buggy eventually came back to life no engine failure coats, then I put the buggy away that weekend in the toy hauler (unwashed, bad I know) and two weeks later I’m back out in the desert and I have multiple engine code failures. Battery was not low even though I did charge it more, I disconnected both battery terminals and charged it. The next day it’s still had issues and I tried clearing the codes to no avail. So I broke down and decided to buy the Can-do Pro @skidoochris, but now I need a PC laptop (all I got are Mac’s). So, Once I get the laptop I can reprogram my spare key, and then check the buggy, and see what’s going on with its ECU, so that’s where I’m at.

FYI, last weekend all the codes finally cleared, and I was able to go on a few rides, so I’m not entirely sure I’m out of the weeds, the dealer said I may have a bad ground somewhere. I’m just happy to have a diagnostic tool now!

·
Premium Member
2018.5 Can Am Maverick X3 XRS
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update! Got the laptop and Candoo all dialed in here is an excerpt from the log file, when I had the misfire and coil issues, and the low battery and phantom engine codes... I'm not sure where the PPS fault is in this list but it was there. I cleared all the faults, and ran the car, and no active faults were listed. I was also able to reset the maintenance time since last, and changed the ECO key to Performance, and the scrolling message, there are many others too...

BEGIN
ECU Fault Count = 06 Or 58
Fault: P0135 Status: Occurred Desc: Lambda Sensor (O2 sensor) heating fault upstreams of catalyst
Fault: P0303 Status: Occurred Desc: Misfire cylinder 1 (physical cylinder 3)
Fault: P0301 Status: Occurred Desc: Misfire cylinder 2 (physical cylinder 1)
Fault: P16C8 Status: Occurred Desc: Monitoring fault due to excedding permitted throttle valve position
Fault: P0223 Status: Occurred Desc: TAS 2 fault (Short circuit to battery)
Fault: P060D Status: Occurred Desc: TAS synchronization Error
Showing User on Toolbar: Loading Cluster faults
Loading Cluster faults
Fault Count = 0
Reading DPSFaults
Fault data recieved: 100E58040562201F
2102201F0920F001

DPS Fault Count = 04 Or 58
Fault: P0562 Status: Occurred Desc: Battery voltage too low
Fault: P1F02 Status: Occurred Desc: Overload Output
Fault: P1F09 Status: Occurred Desc: Internal Power Supply Out of Range
Fault: U3001 Status: Occurred Desc: Loss of power on the module