Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would assume the engine brake is rough on belts due to the friction. So if a guy removed the springs from the one way bearing. I would assume this could only help of reducing belt heat. Right?

I actually hate the engine brake, I like to controlled the machine myself.

What say you?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I would think that the stress and heat put to the belt is nothing when compared to flooring it up a hill using all 101hp! Did you search the Commander forum? I would think that you're correct on removing the sprag springs to get rid of it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I deleted the EBS on my XP and never looked back. The problem with engine breaking is the strain it puts on the wrong side of the gears. In rails we have had this problem since the invention of the transaxle. The second issue is EBS can be a bit uneven in application. There are times that I want to get out of the throttle and not have the nose dive on me and I think if I had a clutch peddle that would let control the application of the engine braking I would change my mind. In the dunes no EBS is really the only way to go. Trail riding I get mixed results. Crawling I am not sure that it really matters except that in really technical parts I want full control of the vehicle and CVT takes some of that away. IMHO...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I disengaged the EBS on my Teryx and never noticed it was missing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
How does one go about disabling the one way bearing ? is there a kit or does it just need to be taken appart and the spirings removed ?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Its just two springs and little paws that pop out. Remove primary clutch and its right there.
Mega have u done this to urs ? sounds super easy to do. i just dont feel like spending a Gbar on new clutches my stock ones work good enough for me.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
i just dont feel like spending a Gbar on new clutches my stock ones work good enough for me.
Maybe you'll be one of the lucky that doesn't have a problem. It will work fine until it doesn't, then it's usually worse.

Reactions: Henry427
1 - 9 of 9 Posts