Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Stealth trailer, the maverick does not fit in it at all. My dealer is saying he'd have to build me a custom one. Sounds stupid expensive. So my question is this, who has what that fits their Maverick inside? Could you send details, maybe a pic if you are up to it? There are probably a few of us out there with this issue....and I for one would appreciate help.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have a Stealth trailer, the maverick does not fit in it at all. My dealer is saying he'd have to build me a custom one. Sounds stupid expensive. So my question is this, who has what that fits their Maverick inside? Could you send details, maybe a pic if you are up to it? There are probably a few of us out there with this issue....and I for one would appreciate help.
Can you give more details? You have a Stealth what? toybox? What is the problem...width....height?
It may be cheaper to build a lower cage or put smaller tires on it.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
23 foot aluminum stealth enclosed trailer. I can't get it in the door, it's too tall. I like the headroom on the cage, I used to bang my helmet in my Wildcat. So that isn't too appealing. I got it in there once by using straps to compress it down, and still needed 4 guys to squash it down to get it inside. It was stuck there for 2 days till I let ALL the air out of the back tires. So I had to drive it a bit on flat tires, which I don't like at all.

There has to be non-Stealth brand trailers that will fit the Maverick?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
R&R trailers has a trailer with extra height that will fit the Maverick. It's all aluminum so you will spend between $7000 - $10000 depending on trailer length. They have a website and they are located on Michigan. Check the All Sports models.

I ended up with an all aluminum open utility trailer. I want enclosed but i will work on getting one in 1-2 years.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
United trailers makes one. Tandem axle.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have a wells cargo fun wagon 19 ft v nose snowmobile trailer that it just will squeak in the door the spring to help raise and lower the door touches the top of the roll cage but once its in it has like 6 in its 19 feet long and 8 wide im going to try and get my 650 max in behind it tonight so i can take them both camping

·
Registered
4 Posts
this might sound stupid but have you tried backing your maverick into your trailer? not a chance I can get mine in forward but have like a quarter inch backing it in.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I had the same problem. Just got my Maverick last weekend. 7x16 enclosed cargo trailer with a ramp door. 68 inch tall door opening and a 74 inch machine. I let all the air out of the rear tires and pulled it right in and got it home in the garage. This weekend I will be buying a new trailer, I plan on getting an 8.5x24 enclosed cargo trailer with a ramp door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ya mine is a 26foot with enclosed with the ramp door and a 68 inch opening like I said no chance pulling it in forward but I can back it in and pull it back out with a quarter inch room give it a try before you spend any more money

·
Registered
684 Posts
ya mine is a 26foot with enclosed with the ramp door and a 68 inch opening like I said no chance pulling it in forward but I can back it in and pull it back out with a quarter inch room give it a try before you spend any more money
Is that with air in the tires?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya ride ready I just unload and go, its very close but it works, if I try to pull in forward I need at least a 4 inch bigger door

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did not try to back it in. That is an interesting idea, I don't see how the physics would be any different but I sure will give it a shot. I love my stealth trailer, I'd much rather not have to replace it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Probably never thought one day you would say you're 6" to long huh? Mav fits in my hauler but mander wouldn't .

·
Registered
317 Posts
When I bought the mav in December I knew I was 5 inches too high to get it under the bed in the back of my toy hauler. Door height was good, but bed was too low. I aired down the tires, strapped the suspension and got it to fit, but it was a pain. I ended up disconnecting the hydraulic lift supports on the bed and putting two 5 inch blocks under the back side mounts of the bed and it gave me just enough room to get it far enough in the trailer to put the weight over the axles. I just have to remember to take my whip mount off before I pull it in. Already forgot once and ripped out one of the handles on the bottom side of the bed frame.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You can also put some smaller tires on and air it down and you should be able to make up the difference you need.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Or you could cut you some smaller tires out of ply wood. Mount those to put it in the trailer and when you get to wherever your riding put your tires back on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
it has to do with the (im gunna call it) approach angle difference of the cage when you back it in the highest point of the cage will sneak in thru the opening and then the cage design is sloped forward so it sneaks in. im not that technical of a person as you can tell from my description hahahah but I learnt it first from a commander with a roof, same thing had to back it in to make it fit.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'll have to lookup the brand of our enclosed but the Maverick fits in it just fine, even with 29.5" Terminators and the trailer has florecent lights and AC unit.

·
Registered
400 Posts
how much door height is required for the maverick to fit?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts