Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody installed one on theirs yet? I did last night and I have a huge gap in the front. Everything else lines up great. It's as if the roof is to long. I'm waiting on a reply from EMP so thought I'd go ahead and ask around here

Reactions: rocker4x4

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We'll disregard. They just emailed me and said the gap is supposed to be there to make it compatible with full windshields. Makes sense I guess

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I can't say that I'm very happy with it. It vibrates real bad to. To me the gap is just to big

·
Registered
461 Posts
Run some self tappers through the roof and into the cage. That's what I did. It's strong enough to hold a 40" light bar now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The Can Am Alloy roof doesn't have a gap that large...
I just ordered one from Can Am today. Finally I can get rid of that stupid bimini...

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Can Am Offroad paid $500, of the $575. I just paid the difference. So how bad can it be for $75. I can't get a Turnkey or a Pro Armor for that. Besides, I have looked at them and have a couple of ideas how to actually make it a cool roof.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I think I'm gonna return it. I could use some self tapping screws like suggested earlier but I didn't by this roof with the intentions of fabbing it up just to make it work. I like the turnkey one so I'll give it a try

·
Registered
527 Posts
Man, I just almost ordered one too! Blah! This sucks! What about the turnkey? Anyone have one so we know how they fit??

·
Registered
461 Posts
Here ya go. Couple hundred miles and all I have to do is touch up the paint on the screw.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Takes literally 30 seconds to run the screws in there. I wouldn't call that fabrication. It's the cheapest aluminum roof out there so I went in not expecting too much from it. I'm happy with what I got.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts