Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anxious to hear your report. Elka's made a big difference on my previous machine--an Arctic Cat Trail. The winch on the back makes sense. Do you have another on the front or can you move it to either location? Good idea--the bottle opener.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Put about 500 miles on the Elkas, very happy with the overall handling. High speed whoops and washout were sucked up with no remote sense of bottoming and machine stayed composed. I felt the low speed ride in crawling situations was a tad stiffer. In High speed cornering situations the machine leaned ever so slightly but stayed level throughout corner. I beleive it was a positive improvement over stock. The machines trunk was full of tools ( for my buddy’s polaris & arctic cat, lol. Jk I like them all) camping gear etc. cooler full of beer. Machine handled load well with no problems. Elkas are a win in my opinion.
.....That’s a tiger tail in back for quick tow situations, not a winch. A rear winch is a great idea of course.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have Elka Stage 5 on my Trail. After talking with Elka, hear are my thoughts. If you're keeping your machine fairly stock Stage 2 are the ticket. If you're doing performance mods big bore kits, clutches, etc go Stage 4.

I went with Stage 5 because they had a special. Buy Stage 4 get Stage 5 upgrade for the same price. I already had STM clutches, full exhaust and tuner. The shocks outperform the power. Next up is big bore kit, cams. heads and intake. Once those upgrades are done the power will match the suspension.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did you need to be 50”? If not after all the money you’re putting in a trail you could of had an x3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wanted an X3 put they're to big. The idea is to have the best of both worlds. I want to be able to ride any trail anywhere. Most of the trails we ride are tight anyway. Plus future plans call for an RV. With the RV I'll be towing a trailer with a car and the sxs in it. Space is an issue there as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts