Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a local shop install the Eibach stage 3 kit and sway bars on my 2018 x3xrs turbo r, side by side. I'm running 14x10x30 STI tires with 12 lbs.
I just got back from the baja 1000 and to watch the race. The problem I'm having is that the rear is loose.
I run in the 4 wheel smart lock trail mode off road and switch to 2 wheel when I have to slab it the next section.
On the payment the rear end wants to come around and go into a slide even coasting, that is not normal and scary too.
The shock valuing are stock but the shrader valve cap was modified. Do I need to revalued the shocks or ?

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
844 Posts
My guess is that it doesn’t have to do with the springs or sway bars...

Start by checking tire pressure (sounds dumb but a little bit of tire pressure difference can make a difference).

Second I would check alignment by wrapping a string around all 4 tire about middle way up the tire to give you a visual reference of the alignment.

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
Are you running stock radius rod plate? Do you have the xmx radius rod inserts? The rear of the buggy could be out of wack causing your issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My guess is that it doesn’t have to do with the springs or sway bars...

Start by checking tire pressure (sounds dumb but a little bit of tire pressure difference can make a difference).

Second I would check alignment by wrapping a string around all 4 tire about middle way up the tire to give you a visual reference of the alignment.
Thanks I will check the alignment and what tire pressure would you recommend ?

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
844 Posts
All depends on type of riding and wheel/tire setup.

With beadlocks, generally you can run lower air pressure than non beadlocks.

Desert running and pavement I would recommend max psi or just under max. Max as in...the max the tires are rated for which should be molded into the side wall. It’s a balance between ride quality (lower pressure smoother ride), handling (better handling with high air pressure/firmer tires), rock/debris/jump impacts, and added grip (lower pressure more grip and higher pressure less grip).

Sand and rock crawling I would say generally around 10-15 psi with non beadlocks and around 7-10 with beadlocks.

Everyone has their own secret herbs and spices when it comes to tire pressure...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.