Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently installing kit E85-212-006-03-22 on a 2018 Can Am Maverick X3 MAX XRS.

The fronts are done but the instructions on the rear install is a bit confusing/misleading.:question:

The rear set up instructions says to install the crossover rings at 180mm is this correct??? I question this because the front crossover rings are set at 190mm.

On the rear shocks/springs, the preload collars are then set at 100mm, not much room from preload to crossover like the fronts.
The pictures are even more confusing for the rear set up. Photo 33 does not look close (proportional) to 180mm, unless this is just for reference purposes only.

Front = Crossover 190mm, Preload Collars 75mm
Rear = Crossover 180mm, Preload Collars 100mm

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
803 Posts
The photos are the same photos in ALL their spring kits but the written text for the measurements are different.

The photos just represent how to take the measurement.

Trust the numbers
190mm/75mm on the front
180mm/100mm on the rear

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

Ya figure as much about the photos, you definitely see that they are different shocks/springs for another model.

So, 190mm/75mm on the front and 180mm/100mm on the rear is what I went with.

·
Vendor
X3 Max RS
803 Posts
I haven’t had a car with the stage 3 springs that I needed to add preload (more the Eibach recommended preload) to in the rear for ride height but if you add a good amount for preload for ride height (front or rear) you should move the crossover the same amount to keep the spacing from the top spring nuts.

I’m a big fan of the Eibach spring kits!! Hope you love the ride!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Install all completed. Went with all of the recommended settings except one, adjusting for bigger tire/wheel combo. I have 32s and I like the "additional" ground clearance it provides, especially when 4 adults are in the car. How much radius rod angle is too much?? I am sure the springs will settle a bit once they get "broken in" Radius Arms.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Install all completed. Went with all of the recommended settings except one, adjusting for bigger tire/wheel combo. I have 32s and I like the "additional" ground clearance it provides, especially when 4 adults are in the car. How much radius rod angle is too much?? I am sure the springs will settle a bit once they get "broken in" View attachment 243877
Your Pic of the rear looks great. I'm heavily considering these springs for the quality of Eibach. After a few months, how is the ride over stock?

I have a 2019 X3 Max Turbo R w/ the 72" stance and really want to get more ground clearance. My rear 3 link bars are almost at a 0°, I really like where yours is sitting. What would you guess, was it about a 4"-5" lift?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Follow the instructions on where to set everything. It is okay that things in the front are not set the same as the rear. Eibach did the testing and this will be a good baseline for you. You may have to adjust the pre-load some to get the right ride height depending on what you have on your X3.

You may have to deviate from the rebound and compression settings as well, but you won't know until you go out on a ride.

·
Official Site Vendor
8,041 Posts
Drive on the springs for a ride to set the springs and then re-adjust the springs to the desired ride height. Measure under the skid at the front and rear of the X3. A low ride height is 14". A high ride height is 18". Probably somewhere in the middle is best. I like the rear a little lower than the front (about 1"). This helps prevent nose diving on jumps and big holes. Set the front crossovers about 1-1.5" above the plastic slider. Set the back crossovers about 1-2" above the plastic slider. These are rough guidelines and may vary a little. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Your Pic of the rear looks great. I'm heavily considering these springs for the quality of Eibach. After a few months, how is the ride over stock?

I have a 2019 X3 Max Turbo R w/ the 72" stance and really want to get more ground clearance. My rear 3 link bars are almost at a 0°, I really like where yours is sitting. What would you guess, was it about a 4"-5" lift?

Thanks in advance
Sorry for the late reply, I just went with the recommended setting in the instructions I did however, lower the preload a tad in the back after the pic in the post, about an inch.

As far as additional height, maybe 2"- 3" but hard to say because I also added 32" tires as well and that gave me an additional inch of ground clearance. Plus it really depends on your preload, more preload = more ground clearance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts