Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EFX SAND SLINGER 27" 14 PADDLE SAND TIRE SET

Well…congratulations, you found the page everyone in the dunes is going to talk about, the newest addition to the growing EFX tire collection, the EFX SandSlinger UTV sand tire. After investing in a couple hundred dollars of sunscreen, a couple of high powered test machines and a band of misfit test riders, we took to the dunes to hand craft the best performing UTV sand tire. Available in 27x10x14 fronts and 27x13x14 in the rear, 4-ply bias compound and backed by a tire company you’ve come to trust, the EFX SandSlinger is the last and only sand tire you will purchase. The price is for 4) tires only, no wheels included.

2) MSA EFX Sand Slinger 27x10x14 Smooth Sand Front Tires
2) MSA EFX Sand Slinger 27x13x14 Rear 14 Paddle Sand Tires

$539.95

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
From what I hear from the dune crowd, 7 or 8 paddles is about all the Maverick can handle.......these have 14 paddles on them. Would be interested to see some data or videos supporting the claim that these are the best performing paddles for the Maverick.

·
Official Site Vendor
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The major difference in paddles isnt always the number of paddles on the tire.. you have to take into consideration weight, paddle height and scoop size.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The major difference in paddles isnt always the number of paddles on the tire.. you have to take into consideration weight, paddle height and scoop size.
Thanks.....I am by no means a duner, so other than what I read on here, I have no idea what is good or bad but I understand what you are saying. The paddle height does look short so that should make a difference....

·
Official Site Vendor
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.....I am by no means a duner, so other than what I read on here, I have no idea what is good or bad but I understand what you are saying. The paddle height does look short so that should make a difference....
Think of a shovel.. the bigger the spade the deep the hole the faster.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So what is the paddle height on these? or scoop size?
What width rear rims works best?

·
Official Site Vendor
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MSA EFX recommends at least a 10" wide rear wheel for these.

The height on these is .90" compared to the skat extreme at 1.2"

I do not know the scoop size of the MSA EFX, sorry. But I can tell they are not as cupped as the skat extremes just by visually looking at them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts