Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We placed 2nd overall for the ECORS race series in an extremely modified teryx.

We only have 2.5 hours on our new race rig the Mav XRS. It was a short rest drive before we started the race build.

We just got the XRS completely torn down. So far we have front and rear tire rods. I just put in power steering...next will be rock sliders .. Roll cage and a new clutch.

A lot to do before our race the first week of May!! Thanks Carolina Truggies && all of our sponsors!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365040858.202057.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365040876.858195.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365040897.924485.jpg

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
So we stripped it down about half way to see what we're dealing with and we're pretty happy with it.

We started on a cage. I'm pretty tall at 6'5 so we were limited on how far we could drop the cage but I think it looks really good. It's all 1.75 .095 4130

The is the difference

And this is where we ended up. This is the main build of the cage and we'll add in some solid doors and that's pretty much it cage wise.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
We got hooked up with Maxxis and HiPer this year and we're running the 30x10r14 big horns on a 14" double beadlock. Our over all width with a 4+3 wheel is 69".

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
A big deal for me is shocks. We've tried numerous setups and we're still developing different setups to test with. Out of all of the changes we're using Fox's big pistons that they use in the bypass shocks and coilovers but this 2.5 UTV shock isn't the same diameter, it's about .060 small with a ID of 2.250" instead of 2.310". So we made it work

Here's the port difference between the stock piston and the new piston

This is the fine assembled setup with a new internals and dual rated hardware.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Clutching was something that was important to us not only for reliability issues but because we're running 30" tires. Kris at Cold Blooded Performance got us setup with a QSC Primary and a STM secondary. Plus we saved a total of 7 pounds with the new setup.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Since it appears u have the set up nailed down for the dual rate ! Spring and new valving? Pm me a price on this very setup please! Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I don't have it 100% nailed down yet, we leave for Alabama Thursday to test everything out and to race. After this coming weekend we'll have a package ready to go.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Our PRP competition pro series seats just came in. We've been running PRP for years and feel they're the best on the market. We'll be dropping the seats as low as the gas tank and belt cover will allow us. Also the seat cushions are a different thickness of about 2" so when my wife drives she'll be able to see.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Both of the seats are in now. The drivers seat is down about 4" and rocked back about 10 degrees. The passenger seat is down about 2" and rocked back roughly the same. The drivers seat is held in with 3 quick release pins as the 4th tab had to be cut off due to the primary cover. The passenger seat is also held in with 3 quick release pins as the filler neck doesn't allow the right rear tab to be mounted. The drivers sub frame is bolt in as we'll so it can be removed in case a belt has to be changed on the track and will only add about 3 minutes to the swap which is much faster than pulley plastic.

·
Registered
150 Posts
We got hooked up with Maxxis and HiPer this year and we're running the 30x10r14 big horns on a 14" double beadlock. Our over all width with a 4+3 wheel is 69".
Smokin' hot wheels .... I like !!!

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Thanks, we just got to track and ran it a little. Dual rate definitely helps but the 30" tires are rubbing the front of the rear fenders so we'll need to go some trimming tomorrow morning before we qualify and ill have to set the suspension back to its factory height.

·
Registered
266 Posts
How's the clutch setup?

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
It's pretty badass. The lower "gearing" in the primary really helps get the 30s moving and there's a power increase over stock.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts

Qualified first yesterday and took the overall win today. The race was three hours long and it rained non stop in 50 degree weather. It ran great although we broke the steering rack at the end.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts