Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
I didn't buy it for the exhaust,I bought the HMF setup for the tuner,I thought it would help get back what I lost putting 32s on,thinking my tuner may just be bad,will call Monday.I will say that the HMF quiet muffler sounds good.
The tuner is not bad You have to now download the dynojet software and hook up the tuner to your computer It will scan for what tunes are available for your machine and store that particular tune onto your tuner and then plug it back into the car It took me a couple tries to figure it out when I did it as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
^^^ Understood your objectives from prior posts. Was just curious about satisfaction with dBA of the HMF muffler, since I figured Can-Am's by Yoshimura would conservatively be quietest of all. That, plus "sounds good" being quite subjective after listening to all available youtube videos out there...
Going for a ride this afternoon,will give a better idea on muffler after ride,but just running around the yard it sounds no louder than my stock exhaust,atleast from inside my machine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The tuner is not bad You have to now download the dynojet software and hook up the tuner to your computer It will scan for what tunes are available for your machine and store that particular tune onto your tuner and then plug it back into the car It took me a couple tries to figure it out when I did it as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Going to play with it more this afternoon,see what happens.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
didn't have time to play with tuner today but we had a good ride and I can say the HMF quiet muffler is no louder than stock,little diff tone but not an issue,all our riders said the same.

·
Registered
644 Posts
^^^ Interesting comment on the HMF muffler - thanks!. From other aftermarket products offered for MavT/MavS, seems I wrongly figured the Can-Am by Yosh pipe "quietest" of all. Perhaps I should have taken their "Turn heads and ears with Yoshimura Slip-On Exhausts" literally. Much too loud for me under load in combo with CVT engine RPMs. My buddy didn't need his mirrors, 'cus he heard me coming long before I approached trail junctions where he paused. I'll take a bath on resale price for the Yosh, so won't go down that path again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
^^^ Interesting comment on the HMF muffler - thanks!. From other aftermarket products offered for MavT/MavS, seems I wrongly figured the Can-Am by Yosh pipe "quietest" of all. Perhaps I should have taken their "Turn heads and ears with Yoshimura Slip-On Exhausts" literally. Much too loud for me under load in combo with CVT engine RPMs. My buddy didn't need his mirrors, 'cus he heard me coming long before I approached trail junctions where he paused. I'll take a bath on resale price for the Yosh, so won't go down that path again.
Yeah,I considered the yosh pipe but lot of guys said it was to loud,I really liked the look of the yosh and exit location but did not want something louder than I had,sport is plenty loud.I will update as I run it some more but as of our ride I didn't notice it being any louder than stock,just a diff deeper tone.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Update on tuner,I was able to get it paired and working tonight with dynojets help,have there tune installed,not sure if HMFs tune is different or not but atleast it is working now.Of course we got 10 inches of snow today so may be a few days before I can report how it works.

·
Registered
607 Posts
D.J. tech's are pretty sharp, and have some good tunes not available on the web site. You should have the DJ tune, HMF tune as well as stock tune in the controller's memory.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
D.J. tech's are pretty sharp, and have some good tunes not available on the web site. You should have the DJ tune, HMF tune as well as stock tune in the controller's memory.
Ending up resetting it back to dynojets specs with their tunes in it,will have to get HMF tune from them.Could very well have been something I did to screw up the install but happy to get it working after working at it for 3 nights.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ending up resetting it back to dynojets specs with their tunes in it,will have to get HMF tune from them.Could very well have been something I did to screw up the install but happy to get it working after working at it for 3 nights.
Check back with DJ every 6 - 12 months for any updated maps. Your DJ can store several maps and you can switch back and forth in minutes to see what one works best for your driving style, conditions and terrain.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Check back with DJ every 6 - 12 months for any updated maps. Your DJ can store several maps and you can switch back and forth in minutes to see what one works best for your driving style, conditions and terrain.
Will do-Thanks!!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts