Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried this tuner with the HMF Exhaust on their Maverick sport 1000R-Thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the tuner stock exhaust. Night and day difference.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thanks,been looking for some feedback,been looking on youtube and here,dont seem to be many people running it on a sport 1000r,what improvements did you see?thanks again.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks,been looking for some feedback,been looking on youtube and here,dont seem to be many people running it on a sport 1000r,what improvements did you see?thanks again.

there you go man check out my walk around I did and I talk a lot about the dynojet and the improvements it made

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

there you go man check out my walk around I did and I talk a lot about the dynojet and the improvements it made

Great video,lots of great info,I subscribed to your channel,I have the 2019 XMR 1000R,I also thought about disconnecting front bar,did you consider limiting straps on front to keep shocks from over extending?thanks again,you were a great help,like you said,just not much info out yet for these machines.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Great video,lots of great info,I subscribed to your channel,I have the 2019 XMR 1000R,I also thought about disconnecting front bar,did you consider limiting straps on front to keep shocks from over extending?thanks again,you were a great help,like you said,just not much info out yet for these machines.
thanks for the support man! I think from. What im hearing is the xmr and xrc dont have the shock topping out noises because there different shocks. Your machine has 2.5s the sports and sport max have 2.0s. i considered strapps but ehh. Lol for now im happy with it as is.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Anyone tried this tuner with the HMF Exhaust on their Maverick sport 1000R-Thanks
You don't need a tuner for adding a free flow exhaust as the O2 sensor is before the cat converter. BUT, as 'Allrsdup' said, a tuner will wake up the power band. I run a 'caned' DynoJet map and it ran great!! Then I bought a $300 map from a vendor that didn't seam much better.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't need a tuner for adding a free flow exhaust as the O2 sensor is before the cat converter. BUT, as 'Allrsdup' said, a tuner will wake up the power band. I run a 'caned' DynoJet map and it ran great!! Then I bought a $300 map from a vendor that didn't seam much better.
thanks for the reply,really didn't want an exhaust unless it helped out power wise,but was interested in the tuner if it would help the power, especially since I installed the 32" tires,saved a few pounds over the 30 cryptids but still turning a bigger tire.

·
Registered
607 Posts
You might need some clutching for the bigger tires.

·
Registered
607 Posts
My suggestion... Either do a cat delete or punch out the guts, (I punched mine, lots cheaper), and a DJ map for slip-on exhaust and close the spark plug gap ,005 closer.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Couple things here, there are no cats in the exhaust pipe on these machines. Also i run 32s was like wow i need a clutch kit but the dynojet tuner gave me all my power back and some. I did a whole video discussing the 32s pros and cons on my channel.

·
Registered
607 Posts
No cat, that's a bonus.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks for the support man! I think from. What im hearing is the xmr and xrc dont have the shock topping out noises because there different shocks. Your machine has 2.5s the sports and sport max have 2.0s. i considered strapps but ehh. Lol for now im happy with it as is.

Did you have any issues getting your tuner to hook up?It shows my vin in the tuners vehicle info but I cant get it to pair to my machine.thanks

·
Registered
607 Posts
What map are you using? No map? Want a good map? Give DynoJet a call for tech service. Have your tuner connected to a laptop and your car. Call early, as they get busy.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What map are you using? No map? Want a good map? Give DynoJet a call for tech service. Have your tuner connected to a laptop and your car. Call early, as they get busy.
I will call them Monday,thought it was plug and play but not quite that easy,thanks for the reply

·
Registered
644 Posts
I pulled the trigger and ordered the exhaust and tuner,ordered the quiet style muffler,will let you guys know how it turns out.
So 9 days later, how did it turn out???

No tuner desired nor needed by me, however I did buy the Can-Am by Yoshimura slip-on muffler I've been considering for quite awhile. The Yosh pipe is lighter (8# vs 25# on bathroom scale), however with mounted spare tire, tool bag, scissors jack plus spares and extra riding gear under the Can-Am accessory trunk cover, reduced weight wasn't my objective. Instead, just a bit sportier exhaust note than the OEM muffler. Installed that same time as routine service at 3k miles, then buddy and I took our MavT machines on a 50 mile trail inspection loop from our home garages. In the end for me, it was too much of a good thing. We use mobile ham radios for communication, however with my normally lousy hearing ("can't hear out of one and deaf in the other") wasn't practical - even wearing a full helmet with speakers. Came back that afternoon, removed the Yosh pipe and reinstalled the stocker next morning. It's now advertised in Phx CL ads.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't buy it for the exhaust,I bought the HMF setup for the tuner,I thought it would help get back what I lost putting 32s on,thinking my tuner may just be bad,will call Monday.I will say that the HMF quiet muffler sounds good.

·
Registered
644 Posts
^^^ Understood your objectives from prior posts. Was just curious about satisfaction with dBA of the HMF muffler, since I figured Can-Am's by Yoshimura would conservatively be quietest of all. That, plus "sounds good" being quite subjective after listening to all available youtube videos out there...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts