Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking it would be cool if anyone who has had the opportunity to test their mavs on a dyno would post what numbers they were pulling with what mods. Give everyone some real world numbers on what mods are worth it all in one thread.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think he means no 2 dyno's are equal. One dyno can say 80rwhp and then another say 90rwhp. Only way to know for sure is use the same dyno on the same day.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yup dyno's for sxs's is harder then cars alba pro shop hunterworks weller racing all dyno'd the maverick along with 10 other shops 72-74hp is average with clutch and exhaust people are seeing 82ish +

theres 2 different dyno machines and one will read about 10% lower then the other

a lot has to do with dynoing a sxs - tires wheels spin and locking the clutch to get real #'s

so yes its a lot harder then doing a car, obviously ur new at dynoing sxs's ! :)

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
My Mav bone stock Dyno at 74 to 72 hp on Weller and KMS Performance Dyno. When Kelly at KMS Performance added the full STM clutch it got 82 hp just cause the stm clutch was so much more efficient at delivering the power to the wheels with less loss at the crank, it is truly the best performance mod that the Mav can get. The cat delete KMS performance installed added 2 more HP for a total dyno power of 85. The 60 mm TB and the welller intake didn't seem to add noticeable dyno power but the car accelerated 2 seconds faster over the same difference after the mod with the stm clutch was added and a great Pc5 fuel map

·
Registered
413 Posts
I stand corrected, I do realize there is a difference between dyno to dyno. But as far as a base line to start. & then mod a machine & use same dyno for results is as close to real world as your gonna get unless your back yard has a mx trac & your very familiar with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
looks like the stm clutch alone is making 10hp

a few of the exhaust makers claim 8-11hp

when someone dyno'd a clutched maverick it made 82 from 72 , then someone dyno'd a exhaust only maverick and got 80 from 70 - then someone dyno'd a exhaust intake and clutch and got 85hp over 72 -

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow I gotta get me a new clutch setup and exhaust!!! those are pretty significant numbers for some simple bolt ons.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The clutch is the way to go, but very costly. The exhaust is a waste of money for the HP per dollar thing. I had a local shop build a cat delete for 175.00 and can only tell you that I could feel the difference, I guessed 2 to 3 HP so it looks like I was real close.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The clutch is the way to go, but very costly. The exhaust is a waste of money for the HP per dollar thing. I had a local shop build a cat delete for 175.00 and can only tell you that I could feel the difference, I guessed 2 to 3 HP so it looks like I was real close.
How much louder did the cat delete make it? I still like to try to have a conversation with my girl when we r riding.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You can't hardly tell a difference, just a bit louder. That is why I like the stock mufflers, there also built very well. I also added a fuel controller to lean out the top end, the factory has them to rich in the 11.6 to 11.8 range. It seems to run the best at 12.4 to 12.6 AFR

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree, a good aftermarket clutch set up is the best bolt on mod you can do right now.

·
Registered
568 Posts
You can't hardly tell a difference, just a bit louder. That is why I like the stock mufflers, there also built very well. I also added a fuel controller to lean out the top end, the factory has them to rich in the 11.6 to 11.8 range. It seems to run the best at 12.4 to 12.6 AFR
What fuel controller did you go with?

·
Registered
382 Posts
wonder if a fuel controller would void my warranty?
Depends on your dealer, but if brp found out it was on it, yes it WILL void it. A fuel controller does exactly that, messes with fuel. Meaning if your motor went boom, they can blame the controller for making it go lean.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
wonder if a fuel controller would void my warranty?
Depends on what the claim is for. They wouldn't have grounds to void your warranty for say a dead fan or something unrelated to the engine.

Reactions: KRIS

·
Registered
424 Posts
Get with me for any clutching upgrades. I've done quite a few and have hammered down some solid setups for the Maverick.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts