Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The performance model that I am finding is the Spyder RS-S. It is said to be pure performance, but appears to only have suspension and color changes... Regardless this is a Dual Overhead Cam motor that is completely different than the Single Overhead cam motor of the Maverick. Also, this would mean that the Maverick actually builds 1 hp more than the spyder out of the box...

Spyder RS-S 3-Wheeled Sports Motorcycle from Can-Am |*Can-Am Roadster

Maverick X rs: High-Performance Side-by-Side ATV | Can-Am USA

Nate
Alba Racing
Also"basically the same motor" to a non-engine professional guy like myself means similar design. still a V-Twin engine.

Reactions: boovan

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm still using the stock 54mm? TB but there are larger ones available, 58mm?. I am just thinking ahead. Maybe next year I will add an intake, TB & new ECU for a little more performance.
Yeah, i've been looking into an Audi 58mm one with some "minor" internal engine stuff being done too.

The Monster is going to be $1000, btw.
It's not that bad of a price when you consider what you can do with it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Not sure I agree with your last statement until we know if it will add anything significant

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
don't worry ROTAX has a 163 hp 800cc motor in there jet ski or snow mobile I forgot , lol
My Sea Doo's were 1450 + cc's, and 215 HP, but they were supercharged, and inline 3 cylinders.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts