·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
From Can-am's website on the Spyder RS-S:

Manufacturer
BRP-Rotax®

Type
998cc Rotax V-twin engine, liquid-cooled with electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control

Bore & stroke
3.82 x 2.68 in. (97 x 68 mm)

Injection
N/A

Power
100 hp (74.5 kW) @ 7500 RPM

Torque
80 lb-ft. (108 Nm) @ 5000 RPM

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it would be cool to see someone drop one into a Maverick and have a sweet 2WD DOHC V-Twin.....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
what about damn Yamaha putting out 180 hp out of 1000 cc's lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thats a different story!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea my Ski Doo Rev snowmobile has about that but it is a 2 stroke and doesn't have the torque you want for these beasts…..

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
On a side note guys I have dyno'd several SxS's over 200 wheel horsepower and I can indubitably say that I have never seen tire spin on the dyno... The belt will smoke itself before the tires will spin.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
150 Posts
This rotax is capable of about 130 - 135 HP which is what their spider makes with basically the same motor. So it's capable. The challenge with all can-am's is getting past all there performance limiters.
Monster Products is coming out with a replacement ECM, that takes care of that. It was supposed to be out this month. So, it's just a waiting game now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
On a side note guys I have dyno'd several SxS's over 200 wheel horsepower and I can indubitably say that I have never seen tire spin on the dyno... The belt will smoke itself before the tires will spin.

Nate
Alba Racing
So are you working on a turbo system for the Maverick? If so, when do you expect to have it for sale? I am getting close to pulling the trigger but if you are working on something I may hold off. I have been happy with your products and if you build a system I know it will be dependable.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Monster Products is coming out with a replacement ECM, that takes care of that. It was supposed to be out this month. So, it's just a waiting game now.
Now thats a good idea. Instead of trying to crack the codes on factory ECU just make a new one set up without all the limiters set so low.
Who is Monster Products? do they have a website?

·
Registered
150 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
What throttle body are you running & what did you have to do to make it work?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'm still using the stock 54mm? TB but there are larger ones available, 58mm?. I am just thinking ahead. Maybe next year I will add an intake, TB & new ECU for a little more performance.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Then maybe I'll wait for the reflashed unit.

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This rotax is capable of about 130 - 135 HP which is what their spider makes with basically the same motor. So it's capable. The challenge with all can-am's is getting past all there performance limiters.

Where is this info coming from? According to Can-Am's website the Spyder is NOT 130-135hp. It is 100hp on Can-Am's website with a few private reviews stated 106hp????

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Where is this info coming from? According to Can-Am's website the Spyder is NOT 130-135hp. It is 100hp on Can-Am's website with a few private reviews stated 106hp????

Nate
Alba Racing
I was told they have a performance model,but I should have verified it before posting, so I dont look so stupid.

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The performance model that I am finding is the Spyder RS-S. It is said to be pure performance, but appears to only have suspension and color changes... Regardless this is a Dual Overhead Cam motor that is completely different than the Single Overhead cam motor of the Maverick. Also, this would mean that the Maverick actually builds 1 hp more than the spyder out of the box...

Spyder RS-S 3-Wheeled Sports Motorcycle from Can-Am | Can-Am Roadster

Maverick X rs: High-Performance Side-by-Side ATV | Can-Am USA

Nate
Alba Racing

21 - 40 of 44 Posts