Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing all this jargon about dyno #'s and percentage of loss through drive-train so I thought I would post up our findings...

Every Maverick I have dyno'd(more than 1) has been in the 70's at the wheels. I have never seen a CVT vehicle lose 50% of its power through the drive-train. This includes:

Polaris UTV's
Kawasaki UTV's
Yamaha UTV's
Can-am UTV's
Honda Pilot's(yes I owned one)
Chinese knock of UTV's

I have attached a dyno chart of a Maverick in sport mode vs. normal mode...

I have also attached a dyno chart of 3 diffferent mavericks in various states of tune. All were in the 70's.

I can not believe that a manufacturer would build a 100 hp vehicle to lose 50 of it through the drive-train... just makes no sense. Not trying to start an arguement, just think some of the information you are getting is not accurate.

Nate
Alba Racing
3 DIFFERENT MAVERICKS.jpg maverick sport vs normal mode.jpg

·
Registered
137 Posts
cvtech/stm clutch shure feels like a lot more hp. I would like to see the dyno. It shure puts the power to the ground

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL, guys I have attached a dyno chart of Wayne Matlock's Lucas Oil Maverick. This has been our test vehicle for upcoming products. The car has the following:

Alba Slip-on
Alba Fuel Controller
Alba Cams
QSC Primary/Secondary

Car dyno'd just over 82 at the wheels. I was not happy with these cams and am in the process of working with WEB on a second profile.

Nate
Alba Racing

Attachments

·
Registered
998 Posts
Awesome, How much potential do you think is in the rotax , nate? Some people have claimed its about tapped out as far as being naturally aspirated.

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well when do you think we can buy it? Just an estimate on when?
Not a company to peddle incomplete packages, so with that being said I am still not ready to sell parts. I want to make sure everyone gets their hard earned $$$'s worth and we provide the most power possible. I would say another month or so and I should be ready...

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Vendor
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome, How much potential do you think is in the rotax , nate? Some people have claimed its about tapped out as far as being naturally aspirated.
I don't honestly see a ton of power available normally aspirated. I look at like this...

Maverick Rotax motor:
Single overhead cam
976cc
single 54mm throttle body
8k rpm +/-
101hp

Suzuki 1000cc v-twin
Dual overhead cam
996cc
Individual 52mm throttle bodies
9,500 rpm
135hp

There is only so far we are going to be able to get with a Rotax designed motor.... As far as HP goes the DOHC motor with more RPM, more displacement, more air flow, etc is not that far ahead.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
998 Posts
Gotcha, I figured the rotax had some more power to be found but not quite like to polaris 900 engine. I'll be looking forward to some of your products

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
This rotax is capable of about 130 - 135 HP which is what their spider makes with basically the same motor. So it's capable. The challenge with all can-am's is getting past all there performance limiters.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
could you use a Spyder ECM on the Maverick?

·
Registered
998 Posts
The maverick engine is completely different from the spyder engine, We can only wish to get the dohc spyder engine one day

1 - 20 of 44 Posts