Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will redyno Monday using the correction factor the other guy on here showed on his higher numbered dyno charts. I use the correct correction factor SAE not STD as shown in his dyno charts. That CF will show higher numbers and is not the accepted method.

Look in top right corner of the chart. This method is used by someone who wants to show mph HP.

Again if Dynojet themselves who make the dyno show around 50hp for a Maverick, they choose SAE correction and you know their dyno is up to date and accurate then no way anything else by anyone else is going to be right. That is like saying, "Hey dynojet I know you design and make dynos but you know nothing about how to use one"

Todd

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I am wondering, when you dyno a car, you put the tranny in 1:1 gear. You then do the pull. There's no shifting, right? When you do a dyno run with a cvt equipped utv, is there a correction factor specifically it? In other words, do you really get an accurate number? Or does the cvt wreck havoc on the reading?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ur doing good todd ! like areed said atleast we can see when something makes power, only thing is is we might not be seeing all the power it might be putting out if dyno is not reading fully

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I am wondering, when you dyno a car, you put the tranny in 1:1 gear. You then do the pull. There's no shifting, right? When you do a dyno run with a cvt equipped utv, is there a correction factor specifically it? In other words, do you really get an accurate number? Or does the cvt wreck havoc on the reading?
John at Racers Edge in Tucson AZ has his Clutch welded at the 1 to 1 ratio. and uses one set of street style tire.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
John at Racers Edge in Tucson AZ has his Clutch welded at the 1 to 1 ratio. and uses one set of street style tire.
weller racing also uses street tires

the contact touching area with a knobby tire does not read fully like a street tire, there is more area between knobs to skip ove the dyno wheel !! sounds good ? lol

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is right but CVT vehicles get dynoed all the time without locking anything. Keep in mind the dyno is reading what reaches the ground and it does not care what gear it is in. Also it depends on what you are dynoing it for too.

I supposed I might have to buy some tires to dyno this maverick with, I have them for two other bolts patterns, Doubt it would really make much difference when you are simply trying to decide if one mod makes power over another. But sometimes I have to spend money just to prove a point.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well my big bore outlander made 74 rwhp when mr rpm tuned it we did the engine work our selves and he tuned it, not sure if the maverick makes more power or what but id believe it would but from what me rpm told me stock 1000 made around 62 at the wheels so with that said the 1000r should be higher

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Just looked at MRPRM charts, he is using the wrong correction factor too, he is using STD not SAE
Yes, I use the SAE factor, but switching to any other only makes 1-2RWHP difference. You are reading around 20RWHP off, something is wrong with the setup or something. The people that made it say it has 101 engine horsepower, it's common knowledge that a CVT takes around 30% from the engine to the tires, not 50%.

What is the power capacity of that kart dyno you're using?

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, I use the SAE factor, but switching to any other only makes 1-2RWHP difference. You are reading around 20RWHP off, something is wrong with the setup or something. The people that made it say it has 101 engine horsepower, it's common knowledge that a CVT takes around 30% from the engine to the tires, not 50%.

What is the power capacity of that kart dyno you're using?
1000hp and dynojet got even less than me and I know they know what they are doing. You just said you do use SAE and your charts say STD

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The correction factor can be switched at any time, just by selecting a dropdown.
All the dyno info is raw data, so I, (and anyone with a Dynojet dyno) can display their data at any correction they wish, at any time.

Everyone around here uses the highest correction factor, so when dynoing different bikes, they usually want the highest reading correction factor.

Post Dynojet's dyno run, let's see what they got.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts