Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

DWT Sector Issues?

Tags
douglas dwt
3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  sand shark 
#1 ·
Has anyone else had issues with the DWT Sector Beadlock rims? On mine the inner bolt nuts keep breaking off, even after being torqued to spec. I really love the 3 piece rims but during every trip I'm losing air pressure due to these nuts snapping off. I have called DWT multiple times they sent me new hardware and new O-Rings but this seems to continue to happen.

#3 ·
I am running BFG KM3 30" tires at 15 PSI, I have 5 of these rims and 4 of them have done the same thing (I just rotated my spare in). Interesting thing is the original bolt hardware once torque spec'd I had about 1.75 threads showing on the back and when they sent the new hardware the bolts were longer and once spec'd I was seeing 2.25 threads. Good to hear you have had no issues, but I have had to swap bolts in AZ, UT, CO, MT, and in Mexico. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I just don't know at this point. Thinking about cutting my losses and going with a different rim.

#4 ·
its a well known issue for DWT, call them and they will send you new bolts that are larger. All you have to do is drill out the 6mm bolt holes to 8mm I believe. I did it to mine and no issues since.

#9 ·
Man my wheel showed up with the centres already bolted and Siliconed together. All I had to do was put on tire and torque the outer ring to specs.Did they use to come completely dissembled ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.