Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Read Only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had issues with the DWT Sector Beadlock rims? On mine the inner bolt nuts keep breaking off, even after being torqued to spec. I really love the 3 piece rims but during every trip I'm losing air pressure due to these nuts snapping off. I have called DWT multiple times they sent me new hardware and new O-Rings but this seems to continue to happen.

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I have run them with no issues and seen several other sets run with no issues . Is it always the same wheel or all of them? How much pressure are you running in your tires?

·
Read Only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am running BFG KM3 30" tires at 15 PSI, I have 5 of these rims and 4 of them have done the same thing (I just rotated my spare in). Interesting thing is the original bolt hardware once torque spec'd I had about 1.75 threads showing on the back and when they sent the new hardware the bolts were longer and once spec'd I was seeing 2.25 threads. Good to hear you have had no issues, but I have had to swap bolts in AZ, UT, CO, MT, and in Mexico. Maybe I am doing something wrong but I just don't know at this point. Thinking about cutting my losses and going with a different rim.

·
Premium Member
9,070 Posts
its a well known issue for DWT, call them and they will send you new bolts that are larger. All you have to do is drill out the 6mm bolt holes to 8mm I believe. I did it to mine and no issues since.

·
Read Only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok makes sense, did they charge you for the new hardware? Did you loc-tite the bolts when you put them back on? If not did you use Blue RTV?

·
Premium Member
9,070 Posts
Ok makes sense, did they charge you for the new hardware? Did you loc-tite the bolts when you put them back on? If not did you use Blue RTV?
no charge at all, no Loctite because the bolts are locking type. no silicone at all, in my opinion if you need silicone you have other issues.

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Yes, DWT changed from 6 to 8mm.
I have the newer wheels with all 8mm hardware and never had a problem.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Man my wheel showed up with the centres already bolted and Siliconed together. All I had to do was put on tire and torque the outer ring to specs.Did they use to come completely dissembled ?

·
Read Only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man my wheel showed up with the centres already bolted and Siliconed together. All I had to do was put on tire and torque the outer ring to specs.Did they use to come completely dissembled ?
Assembled yes, torque spec'd........ I found many of my bolts on 5 rims were not.

·
Read Only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its a well known issue for DWT, call them and they will send you new bolts that are larger. All you have to do is drill out the 6mm bolt holes to 8mm I believe. I did it to mine and no issues since.
Did you use a drill press to do this or a cordless?

·
Read Only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If anyone has to swap the bolts on these rims from the 6mm to the 8mm, I used a cordless drill to make the holes bigger and a 5\16 drill bit. I have been on several rides now with no issues.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
The 8mm bolts break too. Mega broke them last trip at Glamis.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Shit that is NOT what I wanted to hear!!!!!! Are you gonna stick with the DWT's then or are you planning on moving on to something else?
I have Packard wheels for the sand and Raceline for my dirt tires. No 3 piece wheels for me.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
DWT sent Me new bolts and double for the rears. I drilled holes in between the old upgraded holes and now have 32 bolts on my center rings.
Did you mill off some barrel to make up for the added weight of the bolts? Every oz counts in dune racing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

·
Read Only
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DWT sent Me new bolts and double for the rears. I drilled holes in between the old upgraded holes and now have 32 bolts on my center rings.

View attachment 252072
View attachment 252073
EPIC!!!!!!!! Hopefully DWT reimbursed you for your time. Do you have any engine upgrades on you rig? I just finished swapping my clutch weights, and I'm hesitant to throw the tune and wastegate adjustment on next until this issue is resolved

1 - 20 of 25 Posts