Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew when i installed a windshield that dust from my XRC was going to roll forward into the cockpit. Before the windshield install i was dust free and my air cleaner stayed almost like new. No longer.
Is there a net or other devise to stop this dust from entering the cab and dirtying up my air filter? Glass won't work because of the belt air intake device.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I knew when i installed a windshield that dust from my XRC was going to roll forward into the cockpit. Before the windshield install i was dust free and my air cleaner stayed almost like new. No longer.
Is there a net or other devise to stop this dust from entering the cab and dirtying up my air filter? Glass won't work because of the belt air intake device.
There is plenty of room between air intake and the rear glass.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Reactions: DogRunner2

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Can Am Maverick X3 DS Turbo RR
50 Posts
Love the bent Metal rear glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have the Bent Metal front windshield and it's awesome but incredibly hot as the vents don't let much air in but they do help which we expected and actually thought about getting the rear windshield but was worried it would make it unbearably hot so decided against it and went with the mesh windscreen. Do you run a front windshield with your rear?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
We have the Bent Metal front windshield and it's awesome but incredibly hot as the vents don't let much air in but they do help which we expected and actually thought about getting the rear windshield but was worried it would make it unbearably hot so decided against it and went with the mesh windscreen. Do you run a front windshield with your rear?
Yea I run the bent Metal front windshield. I hate the nets with a front windshield as they suck in more dust and it feels to me like the back of your head is always covered in dust. Not a fan of the rear windscreens with a full front.

·
Registered
Dirt Road Dollars...
22 Posts
Yea I run the bent Metal front windshield. I hate the nets with a front windshield as they suck in more dust and it feels to me like the back of your head is always covered in dust. Not a fan of the rear windscreens with a full front.

Do you just deal with the dust? Or have a recommendation or solution to contribute?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I run front and rear glass and half doors. Also. I have sealed the tunnel where the drive shaft comes through and the wires above. This helps the dust.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts