Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody, we went to Durhamtown Ga. this past weekend. Some of my buddies came here during Thanksgiving instead of Ashland WV. We Ended up with 5 inches of snow at WV, so they went south. They came back and naturally I wanted to know was it worth while to go. It was a 50-50 reply some said no, some said yes. So I went. My opinion is the trail system, not so great. Rode everywhere there was to ride in about a day. All trails pretty much the same, left and right corners, no hills and plenty, plenty of good old red mud. So if you rode one trail the next looked pretty much the same. But still had fun. Now the GP track, WOW !!!!!! WFO everywhere, if you have the gonadds, you need to ride this track. I fell in love with it. I wish I would have had 200 HP here. Up hills, down hills, rolling jumps, sweeping corners, you could run 3 wide, I thought I was at Daytona. Also this is where my buddies ran into Stony Stewart during Thanksgiving. He was testing 3 Wildcats and heard he tore all three up. Ended up on a PoPo 1000. He stopped to help my friends son get up from a fall. They said he was super nice to too them. So dang, hoping I would run into him since it was a holiday weekend. I wanted to try him out, see how his jumping skills are. My buddies did say he was hauling ass. I guess he was getting ready for the Daytona 500. Anyhow here is a picture of the finish line jump. The landings were not as good as the take offs. But I'm running a base model with the 2.0 shocks. That did not keep that beast from pulling the PoPo's up the long up hills. I will be working with Alex at CT Racing on seeing what he can get out of the 2.0 Fox Shocks.(As for riding areas, Ashland WV is still my favorite place to ride. I had somebody from Tn. last week tell me if I liked that kind of riding I would like Royal Blue Tn. better. Can't wait to try that place out. PS Tell Alex I need some shock work. IMG_0960.jpg IMG_0962.PNG

·
Registered
367 Posts
nice air
we go to durhamtown once a year.
what a hoot!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Looks like a blast! I met Tony once....a down to earth cool dude.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts