Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for people to ride with either in Glamis or Dumont in the next 1-2 weeks. I was in Glamis for the first time on Presidents day and have been having Fun withdrawal symptoms ever since. My car is very capable and I was keeping up with 1000hp sand cars so you won't need to wait for me. I am in northern Ca. but need to visit family down south. I don't know how busy it is this time of year but I assume there won't be as many people as on a big holiday and I don't think riding alone is an option.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
This time of year it will not be busy and everything depends on the weather. Pick the wrong weekend and temps could be in the 90s. Pick the right weekend and you are in the mid 70s to 80s.

Almost all the vendors will be gone after this weekend. The Glamis Beach Store will be open.

We have basically entered the off-season for Glamis.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I'll leave the dirt tires on for now unless someone else responds. Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
11,579 Posts
Yeah, just took the paddles / smoothies off last weekend. Dune season ends, pool season starts!

·
Banned
2021 X3 XRS TURBO RR,SMART SHOX
61 Posts
south in the winter, north in the summer

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought I couldn't make it but looks like I can so please fill me in on times. I am in Gold run so google says I'm under 3 hours drive over the hill.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good. I'll be there tomorrow evening also since I need my beauty sleep. I'm driving a dually 4wd with 11' arctic fox camper and a 20' cargo trailer. I haven't been there before, is there anything I need to know?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm loaded up and plan on hitting the road tomorrow afternoon. I can bring firewood if fires are allowed.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Go to the end of road C to the right, we left a half cord of firewood, never know it could still be there

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should be there around 4pm today. I'm driving a dark greenish dodge dually with arctic fox camper and a 20' cargo trailer. I am a simple caveman mechanic. I know not of this direct messaging you speak of. I will probably be the only guy with two Belgian malinois wandering aimlessly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am parked at the entrance to road c and I see a pile of firewood plus what I brought. FYI I have 3 bars of lte with Verizon. What a relief.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts