Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
went out to St Anthony sand dunes this weekend and I love my maverick. Had some issues with my RPM's only around 72 to 7300 hopefully getting that fixed this week. I do have another question about the suspension I did what you guys told me. seems to work good only problem is that back end still wants to buck pretty hard. How about I loosen some of the preload and compensate with a little bit of a high speed compression will that help?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That's a silly question isn't it? Is anything really ever good enough?:big smile:
Yep!, but I'm in the same boat as you. My still bucks after removing at the compression. However, I added some 2" spacers which made it too soft so now I can put some compression back in to stiffen it up.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
You can lower the rear 1" and it will help with the bucking. But it will bottom more often. So you then add some compression. I think I raised my rear preload adjusters 3/8" which equals 1" of ground clearance.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You can lower the rear 1" and it will help with the bucking. But it will bottom more often. So you then add some compression. I think I raised my rear preload adjusters 3/8" which equals 1" of ground clearance.
I need to do that as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
thanks for the info, I was thinking the same thing, take a little bit out of that preload and then you can just play with the compression. I'll give her a shot.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
For the dunes, driving solo, I run the pre load a bit softer than stock. I take 6 rounds out of the rear from stock, and 2 rounds out of the front. It's a little too soft with a passenger, bottoms out too much. Stock preload actually works pretty good with a passenger.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
For the dunes, driving solo, I run the pre load a bit softer than stock. I take 6 rounds out of the rear from stock, and 2 rounds out of the front. It's a little too soft with a passenger, bottoms out too much. Stock preload actually works pretty good with a passenger.
Thats good info

21 - 28 of 28 Posts