Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new maverick two weeks ago, a maverick XRS. Going to St. Anthony Sand dunes this weekend just wondering what you have found out there is the best set up so far on the podium 2.5 shocks? I was also wondering what you found is the best air pressure to run in the stock tires on the sand? Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you gentlemen for that information I'll give it a shot this weekend see how it turns out and hopefully everything goes great. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turn the rebound screw at the bottom of the shock all the way in, loosen up the compression adjusters all the way and add compression as needed. I think a lot of the guys out there are running about 8psi in the sand but i could be wrong.
How does that set up work with trail riding And rock climbing?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I hate to be a nuisance, but what about the Spring preload? Is stock from the factory decent or should be loosened up or tightened up a little bit? What is the best way to achieve that? Thank you. You see I am used to riding a Rhino and a prowler. So this thing feels like a freaking Cadillac to me right now. But I would love to get the most out of the suspension.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry, I must be smoking some bad crack or something around here! I was on the right thread.:shocked:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
went out to St Anthony sand dunes this weekend and I love my maverick. Had some issues with my RPM's only around 72 to 7300 hopefully getting that fixed this week. I do have another question about the suspension I did what you guys told me. seems to work good only problem is that back end still wants to buck pretty hard. How about I loosen some of the preload and compensate with a little bit of a high speed compression will that help?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
thanks for the info, I was thinking the same thing, take a little bit out of that preload and then you can just play with the compression. I'll give her a shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts