Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new maverick two weeks ago, a maverick XRS. Going to St. Anthony Sand dunes this weekend just wondering what you have found out there is the best set up so far on the podium 2.5 shocks? I was also wondering what you found is the best air pressure to run in the stock tires on the sand? Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Turn the rebound screw at the bottom of the shock all the way in, loosen up the compression adjusters all the way and add compression as needed. I think a lot of the guys out there are running about 8psi in the sand but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you gentlemen for that information I'll give it a shot this weekend see how it turns out and hopefully everything goes great. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turn the rebound screw at the bottom of the shock all the way in, loosen up the compression adjusters all the way and add compression as needed. I think a lot of the guys out there are running about 8psi in the sand but i could be wrong.
How does that set up work with trail riding And rock climbing?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
We need some sand over here, it looks like a blast in the dunes.
It certainly is, but it does take some getting use to.
Some of the big bowls and razor backs can be intimating until you get use to them.
Your always leaning one way or the other and you have A LOT of blind tops you need to get over.

·
Premium Member
8,470 Posts
It certainly is, but it does take some getting use to.
Some of the big bowls and razor backs can be intimating until you get use to them.
Your always leaning one way or the other and you have A LOT of blind tops you need to get over.
Just drive fast and you stick to the side hills like a NASCAR. Vroooooommmmm

I fukn love it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just drive fast and you stick to the side hills like a NASCAR. Vroooooommmmm

I fukn love it!!!!!!!!
That's certainly true. The stepper the dune, the more throttle is needed and better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I hate to be a nuisance, but what about the Spring preload? Is stock from the factory decent or should be loosened up or tightened up a little bit? What is the best way to achieve that? Thank you. You see I am used to riding a Rhino and a prowler. So this thing feels like a freaking Cadillac to me right now. But I would love to get the most out of the suspension.

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
If you're going to KOH, it's only a 2 1/2 hour drive to Glamis! :D
Well maybe I'll have to make the trip if my car is still in one piece.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I hate to be a nuisance, but what about the Spring preload? Is stock from the factory decent or should be loosened up or tightened up a little bit? What is the best way to achieve that? Thank you. You see I am used to riding a Rhino and a prowler. So this thing feels like a freaking Cadillac to me right now. But I would love to get the most out of the suspension.
If it rides like a Cadillac why isn't that good enough?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts