Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at the back of my maverick for a place to mount my flag when i go to the oregon coast and was wondering where everybody is mounting them. I think i might have to weld a tab on the roll bar. If you could post some pics that would be great..... also where are you putting your OHV tags. I am just going to put mine on the back rear fender section.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
top of the roll bar in the back in the middle , just weld on a tab or get a whip mount for a commander it fits , 2.0''

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
There's two holes in the beck of the rack that are made for a whip. I'm just using one of them for now. I'll weld a tab on the cage later. And I don't see a good place for the sticker other than the rear fender. I haven't put mine on yet, cause I don't really like that spot. I've been thinking of making a bolt on plate for it. Just have to figure out where to put it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep there 2 holes made for whips. However I also welded tabs in the corners on each side of the roll cage. If you run 2 whips, they need to b as far apart as possible otherwise they can hit each other.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Saw the 2 holes in the back of the bed but i was worried about it cracking the structure. Sounds like i am going to weld a tab on . My neighbor works for the forest service, a great guy he rides atv's and would like to get a sxs said just put it on the back fender next to the can am sticker.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol didnt know there was holes already ,

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also put my OHV sticker on the right side just below the can am sticker and the local sheriff said that was ok.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I saw a nice billet license plate mount (made for OHV stickers) at Mc Kenzie's offroad in Fullerton. I gotta go see what kind of mounting it has, but its the same one my bro-in-law used on his Extreme sand car.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Me either...now I gotta go out to the garage and look

lol i did to , yup 2 holes in the back , damn , pretty cool !!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
"Saw the 2 holes in the back of the bed but i was worried about it cracking the structure"

That should not even come close to happening with a whip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts