Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my tires mounted on the wheels and mounted on the Maverick.

26x12.5x12 Skat track 8 paddle haulers on .50 Calibur 12x8 beadlocks.

27x9x12 Skat Track smoothies on .5o Calibur 12x7 wheels

tomorrow i plan on stagger cutting my paddles 80/20.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Lookin good Mega! You're going to have a hell of a dune season.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
looks like its gonna float good on that set up

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Damn, your going to cut the tires down already! I'm gonna run my tires backwards today, and that will tell us for sure if it's too much paddle, or too big of a tire. Oh, and be very careful with that 4" grinder!
And when are you gonna change out the yellow plastics? They really need to go!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unless you plan on changing out the plastic, the white looks like a big mistake.
i am working towards that, this season it will have to stay yellow. Next summer i will completely tear it down and change to ALL white plastics and powdercoat the frame white too.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i am working towards that, this season it will have to stay yellow. Next summer i will completely tear it down and change to ALL white plastics and powdercoat the frame white too.
we know ur white pride but lol jk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey this is a really dumb question, but I've never been in the dunes before so I figure i get one free dq.... Why would you cut down your paddles? Do you want the depth but not the entire width? ie does that give you better traction? Sorry - am relatively new to the sport in general, and never tried duning... Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey this is a really dumb question, but I've never been in the dunes before so I figure i get one free dq.... Why would you cut down your paddles? Do you want the depth but not the entire width? ie does that give you better traction? Sorry - am relatively new to the sport in general, and never tried duning... Thanks!
7 paddle is not enough and 8 paddle is too much, so this is my happy medium. Wheel spin is your friend in the sand. Also i have a sickness, its called i cannot leave anything alone.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Hey Mike just go to Home depot tomorrow and get a few cans of the White Plasti Dip and spray it all white and you will be all done in One afternoon and If you don't like it or want to change it up just Peel it off.:smile:

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Damn thats ugly.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks.....now my eyes hurt like hell!! :haha:

·
Registered
367 Posts
finally got my tires mounted on the wheels and mounted on the Maverick.

26x12.5x12 Skat track 8 paddle haulers on .50 Calibur 12x8 beadlocks.

27x9x12 Skat Track smoothies on .5o Calibur 12x7 wheels

tomorrow i plan on stagger cutting my paddles 80/20.

Nice ride you have there! Did you put your dune tire package together or did you purchase them as a package, and where?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i built this rzr for my daughter back in 2010. We sold it to this guy and it looks like he didn't use it much.
right on , lucky daughter ! Lol

Is she single , lol jk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts