Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I need to make it over there one day to check it out. How does it compare to Glamis?
Overall size of area? Camping area's? dune size?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I won't be there until Nov 1st :(

Dumont does not compare to Glamis. It's only 1/100th the size. Although it is a much shorter ride to comp hill then Glamis. It's a really fun place to ride for about 2 days max, and then you are just repeating yourself. Where as Glamis never ends.

The other bad thing is if you have light weight paddles like skats, Dumont has rocks in the sand in some places so you can easily chew up your paddles.

If I lived half way in between, I would go to Glamis 9/10 times. But since I'm closer to Dumont I go there. It's definitely worth going to, just don't expect Glamis size.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks. I can & do ride at superstition mtn which has sand and rocks mixed in. It is about 2 hrs from my house. Glamis or Gordons is a 3 hr drive. Yeah that's one of the great things about Glamis is it's size. I love that you can start riding the dunes in Glamis early am and heading south you'll eventually ride into Gordon's Well and then cross hiway 8 and you can ride buttercup. Then head back north on sand hiway for a fast 30 min ride back up Glamis. That is if you have enough gas!!!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Thanks. I can & do ride at superstition mtn which has sand and rocks mixed in. It is about 2 hrs from my house. Glamis or Gordons is a 3 hr drive. Yeah that's one of the great things about Glamis is it's size. I love that you can start riding the dunes in Glamis early am and heading south you'll eventually ride into Gordon's Well and then cross hiway 8 and you can ride buttercup. Then head back north on sand hiway for a fast 30 min ride back up Glamis. That is if you have enough gas!!!
And just think...IF they ever open up the ""TEMPORARY"" closures, we'll have twice as much riding area. Maybe next season. From what I understand, the tree huggers are on thier last appeal.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
And just think...IF they ever open up the ""TEMPORARY"" closures, we'll have twice as much riding area. Maybe next season. From what I understand, the tree huggers are on thier last appeal.
That would be sweet for riding untouched sand anytime you want because most people would never venture into those areas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts