Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is off set on the wheels? I see 5 and 2, 4 and 3...what the hell is it? (sorry) And what is stock off set. Trying to buy wheels and rims and haven't a clue what to buy or why. :crying:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I would run 4+3 gives you 1.5 inch more width each side total 3'' wider 67''

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The offset numbers refer to the location of the mounting surface for the rim. A 7" rim that is 5/2 offset will have approx 5" on the inside and 2" on the outside from the mounting surface. The stock rims are roughtly 5/2 fronts & 6/2 rears. So if you want extra width you buy rims that make the first number smaller and the second number bigger as a general rule.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The offset numbers refer to the location of the mounting surface for the rim. A 7" rim that is 5/2 offset will have approx 5" on the inside and 2" on the outside from the mounting surface. The stock rims are roughtly 5/2 fronts & 6/2 rears. So if you want extra width you buy rims that make the first number smaller and the second number bigger as a general rule.
Ah cool, thank you. What does the Maverick have stock? 5 and 2?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
See my post. 5/2 & 6/2

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I thought that 5/2 was the stock offset too but I purchased STI wheels that are 5/2 offset and they added a inch more width on each side. IDK?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the stock offset was 5 1/4 - 1 3/4 for the front and 6 1/4 - 1 3/4 for the rear.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I thought I read somewhere on this forum that the stock offset was 5 1/4 - 1 3/4 for the front and 6 1/4 - 1 3/4 for the rear.
the rears have more on the + side then then the fronts ,

I run 4+3 , im 1.5 wider each side,

the other guy said he runs 5+2 and hes an inch wider each side- I think each side

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I run 4+3 and I'm 69 wide with 10" wide tires. Fronts IIRC are 5+1 and rears are 5+2. I don't have any stockers to measure.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I run 4+3 and I'm 69 wide with 10" wide tires. Fronts IIRC are 5+1 and rears are 5+2. I don't have any stockers to measure.
I run 4+3 also , how did u measure 69'' wide ? do u have a spacer to ?

im only 67'' wide, and have 11's in rear

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going to 14's...has anyone then still blown a rim with a rock getting in there? Or does that truly solve the problem?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Going to 14's...has anyone then still blown a rim with a rock getting in there? Or does that truly solve the problem?
14's will take care of 95% of the rock problems- but , theres always bigger and badder rocks out there looking for u , lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts