Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
6' 4" 285 ish, whats up with all the small guys ? :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
lol I'm 6' 4" and a lean 180 pounds.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I did the same thing. I used 5/16 bolts and used the factory holes. Works awesome. image.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
The seat was moving like crazy on the whoops.., so i took another way to solve the problem.., if i have to take the seat out it would be 2 screws more to do it..., but it now it doesnt move at all....
just wanna share this....

la foto 2.JPG

la foto 3.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
very nice idea....

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't mean to question the problems some of you are having with Maverick seat security but we just rolled my new Xxc with less than 400 miles ten times down a very steep dune and the seats and roll cage did a great job of holding me (5'11'' @ 270 lbs) and my girlfriend in place with our four point harnesses. I have also never had our seats squeak even after the wreck when I had to drive it a couple of miles to asphalt with a broken tierod and broken outer front cv. Maybe I was lucky and got one of the few with good seats. One thing I've found with these forums is that all machinery have design faults and owners have a way of reengineering the problems and sharing those fixes.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I don't mean to question the problems some of you are having with Maverick seat security but we just rolled my new Xxc with less than 400 miles ten times down a very steep dune and the seats and roll cage did a great job of holding me (5'11'' @ 270 lbs) and my girlfriend in place with our four point harnesses. I have also never had our seats squeak even after the wreck when I had to drive it a couple of miles to asphalt with a broken tierod and broken outer front cv. Maybe I was lucky and got one of the few with good seats. One thing I've found with these forums is that all machinery have design faults and owners have a way of reengineering the problems and sharing those fixes.
glad to hear everyone was ok.....from what I hear ,the seat latch issue goes back to the Commander days as well.....The design is fine for a utility vehicle or for someone who doesn't push their vehicles extremely hard. But for those who race or drive their vehicles extremely hard, it is a weak point in the design to have the seat held in by a single latch mechanism. The spring is subject to dirt and mud and it can affect the springs ability to release the latch and properly latch onto the small post it uses to secure the seat. Another issue is the little rubber feet on the rear seat base. They will wear out and tear very quickly based on how hard you ride. Mine had less than 4 hours on them before I found that they had torn completely in half. If your seats are not loose, just give it some time and they will be. Once you have ridden in one that has the seats bolted in place, you will feel so much more secure and actually feel like you are part of the machine when riding it instead of getting tossed around....just my $.02

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
damn you Texas boys are too big for these little toys :shocked: I am only 6' 3" 270' ish......

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
you gotta stay hydrated!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

·
Registered
7,381 Posts