Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I'm the one that did away with the rubber grommet and welded a washer to the seat post base so it slides over the stud with a tight fit. It leans the chair back even more for a more comfortable fit and it gets rid of that sloppy rubber feeling.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
There ya go. it wasnt me. But I have to figure out something once I get my car back.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sorry guys. My memory is fading!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine too, too many shots to the head over the years

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I had thought about welding in a flat plate on the seat base and drilling the hole just large enough to fit over the threaded stud and then you wouldn't need the small upper piece of the grommet that tears off so easily. Then you could go with a harder durometer rubber underneath that would not tear as easily and would last longer....just thinking out loud :smile:
I ordered a few more rubber grommets today. Eventually I'll have a piece wielded on for a tighter fit. In the meantime, I'm just happy to get rid of that lousy seat latch.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I ordered a few more rubber grommets today. Eventually I'll have a piece wielded on for a tighter fit. In the meantime, I'm just happy to get rid of that lousy seat latch.
Agreed….and luckily it is probably the only part Can Am sells for $0.99!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Haha....I used a 10mm X 1.5 pitch and it works fine but it did take more material off then was needed. So a 7/16" would probably be a better option.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haha....I used a 10mm X 1.5 pitch and it works fine but it did take more material off then was needed. So a 7/16" would probably be a better option.....
ya just trying to make it easier on the guys just doing it out of there garage who might have limited tools or experience.

·
Registered
225 Posts
As usual Heavy, great write up and idea.
I'm going to do the same on my machine even though I did not have any issues with my seats yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I vote this as one of the best mod write ups on these forums, ever.

Great work!
As usual Heavy, great write up and idea.
I'm going to do the same on my machine even though I did not have any issues with my seats yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks guys......this was probably the single most annoying thing about the Maverick when I got it.....being 6' 3" 250...ISH :saint: the seat flopped all over the place and made me feel less confident in the vehicle. After this mod, the seats feel like part of the chassis and you are one with the vehicle.....very happy with it so far. It would be awesome if someone could come up with a quick release for the rear mounts though so you could quickly remove the seats without tools.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey man, don't knock being 6'3" and 250-ish. I'm 6'2" and 250-ish-ish…. A point which my doc points out every time i see him. :-(

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
haha....I hear ya, same here. I am kinda like that Toby Keith song....." I ain't as good as I once was.... but I'm as good once as I ever was..." :crazy:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
count me in as long as it doesn't involve Jenny Craig or Richard Simmons!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I was thinking more along the lines of UTV Anonymous.

My name is Dennis and I am a UTV Addict.
Hey....you might be on to something......A valid reason to hang out with buddies and tell stories about their riding ventures

The first step to a cure is admitting there is a problem :wink:

Reactions: SwerveOffRoad

·
Registered
68 Posts
OK Hevysledz maybe you can help me out here. I have the opposite problem. I need to install the adjustable seat mechanism onto the passengers seat. Can this be done? Do I need to buy a drivers side base? Will the stock passenger seat work for this? Do you have any of the "leftover" parts that may be helpful?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts