Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mine had a rip in it too, and somehow I got a fully new drivers seat out of it. They did not just do the cover. Only reason I knew is I went to see all the clutch parts they had to get in for my Maverick and the new seat was sitting there. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
867 Posts
My seat did the same thing and I will be taking just the seat in to get it fixed under warranty. Does anyone have pictures of what the dealer did to fix it? I know they cut the plastic back but I would like to see what their version of the "fix" is before I go trimming. I dont feel like loading the Mav up on the trailer just to have them trim a small piece of plastic. I'm assuming they do this to both sides?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
trim the plastic where u seen it will make contact when u sit down , and bring the seat in if its already ripped to get a new cover

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
My seat did the same thing and I will be taking just the seat in to get it fixed under warranty. Does anyone have pictures of what the dealer did to fix it? I know they cut the plastic back but I would like to see what their version of the "fix" is before I go trimming. I dont feel like loading the Mav up on the trailer just to have them trim a small piece of plastic. I'm assuming they do this to both sides?
Warranty covered, two new bottom seat covers and labor to install. Here is a pic of the trimming "fix"

Yellow Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive exterior

·
Hickory, NC
2,964 Posts
No dealer help here, in one ear and out the other. Now that I'm out of warranty it's up to me. Trim the plastic, move it forward and ride on. All that smack I said about them last year, now they won't even order parts for me. They can bite my Gwaltney and slide down my Hostess ham. Many other dealers out there would be happy to serve.
That's what I get for buying from an old filling station with a Can-Am sign taped to the door

21 - 26 of 26 Posts