Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Maverick back from it's first service and noticed a rip on the Drivers seat. Seems like it could be common problem by the way the seat presses against the plastic when you're sitting in it. Only other concerns were rear brakes were making some racket so the dealer de-glazed them and put a slight bevel on the rear pads, this helped for maybe half a day of riding now they're noisy again. Only other complaint was front shocks squeaking, they greased upper bushings and has seemed to quiet them down alot.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the back side of the upper seat where it meets the plastic on both my sides had a tear in them brand new,

the seat bottom is very common and has been happening to the commander for years, the fix the dealer , or u can do ur self, is they trim the yellow plastic back !!

also the dealer gave me 2 new seats getting them and my new rear a-arm bushing and 10 hour service next week ,! oh boy

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sorry about your seat. I got mine home yesterday and haven't driven it yet, think I'll put some sort of pad there.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Benzo you didnt have any problem with dealer replacing the seats for the small tears at the top of the seat?
luckly no i thought i was,

dont think its a whole new seat just cover part and the dealer has to install it , what he made it sound like ,

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok sounds good. I have to go in this week and talk to them about the clutch and ill see if i can get the seat covers also.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
let us know what they say

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
After reading about early belt break issues and my Maverick has 120 miles on it, I decided to check my clutch belt out today to see if there were any obvious signs of the belt or clutch damage before I do to the dunes in about a week. When I took my driver seat out, I notices a few tears on the outer edge on the backrest. I also have 1 tear on the outer edge of the backrest of the passenger seat. It doesn't seem the seat is rubbing against plastic but the tears are in the area of the seat belt. I'm thinking while riding or while trailering it the seat belt may have rub it enough to cause a tear. Not sure.

Kinda BS I shouldn't see with only 120 miles.

IMG_3227.JPG IMG_3226.JPG IMG_3234.JPG

·
Registered
395 Posts
They replaced both seat covers on mine. They will warranty them, BRP will send you new rubber bushings and seat covers only. Easy to install. Takes about 20 minutes each. But I can tell you it will keep on happening. The rubber bushings that were sent seem to be the same as the stock ones.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Well that's good to know that they will cover it but bad to know that it will probably happen again. I am going to order the Can Am 4 point harness so that should help. I may end up putting some sort of protection even if I have to duct tape to keep it from wearing through.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have the 5 point in mine. With stock belts, mine did not rip, only after I installed the 5 point belts system, that they ripped. It seems like you are strapped in so tight, that's when I could feel my seat moving more. Just trim about a quarter inch off the plastic and that should fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
So your seats were not touching plastic with your maverick parked but when you ride, the seat is moving or flexing enough to rub against the plastic?

·
Registered
107 Posts
My drivers seat is ripped just like the OP's did right on the bottom seat cover where it rubs the plastic. Must be a problem with big asses lol. I'm 6'4" 250 so I'm aware the seat may lay out flatter. When I drop mine off at the dealer tomorrow I will inquire about having it replaced. Mine only has 180 miles on it and I agree there shouldnt be problems with the seat after that small amount of time. I will have to check the back of my seats too and see if the are wearing like yours

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I will take mine in at the 10 hour service and get it taken care of. I knew I wasn't going to go scott free of issues with a brand new model.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My drivers seat is ripped just like the OP's did right on the bottom seat cover where it rubs the plastic. Must be a problem with big asses lol. I'm 6'4" 250 so I'm aware the seat may lay out flatter. When I drop mine off at the dealer tomorrow I will inquire about having it replaced. Mine only has 180 miles on it and I agree there shouldnt be problems with the seat after that small amount of time. I will have to check the back of my seats too and see if the are wearing like yours
My driver's seat started to rip within the first 2 hrs of riding. The seat cushion was rubbing against the plastic AND the seat back was rubbing against the roll cage. Poor alignment of the cage apparently. Can-Am refused to address the issue. Luckily the dealer took care of me. They modified seat bracket and replaced seat covers. Problem solved.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My driver seat has a small tear on the lower outside bottom pad where it touches the yellow plastics. I will be getting aftermarket seats so no worries.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
mine had a lil tear also , they gave me new ones, they install a new cover

I trimmed my plastic back , as that's what the dealer has been doing to commanders for years also, lol

I heard the new 2014 models have firmer seat bases now

·
Registered
228 Posts
mine is ripped also,,dealer is covering it ,,,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts