Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many discussions about a rattle coming from the drive shaft, and all you need to do is tighten a set screw. I cannot find that set screw. Can some one please direct me to where it may be? I have a 2019 maverick sport max. Please help. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Did the set screw per the bulletin and still rattles like a mofo. 2020 driveshaft will be next

·
Registered
963 Posts
I removed the set screw I put in and installed a angled grease fitting from the control arm. I couldn’t find one that fit that was straight and the same thread pitch as the set screw.
Works great now, if it makes noise I just give it a little grease and it’s good.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Did yours still rattle with the set screw? Seemed like doing that was a big waste of time

·
Registered
963 Posts
The screw won’t stay tight and would rattle after a few rides. I used lock-tite blue. I didn’t try red.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just did the set screw the yoke ate up some drill bits. But i was so happy with the zero noise now there was noise coming from there that was not even aware of. Two time's taking apart for grease and just made no sense not to try used blue locktite on set screw and so far so good. side note brp is stupid for tack welding square nut on bottom side fro carrier brg mount drilled hole in skid plate and fixed the one that spun/ broke tack weld on me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mines in for service and the dealer is doing the pmi on it. Though they knew nothing about it until I called the week before taking it in. Apparently can-am is horrible about letting their dealers know they have to go find the pmi’s themselves. Should get the buggy back this week, I’ll let y’all know how it works out after a few miles of riding.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tsb or pMi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell I’m in sales everything is a PMI haha. I found this on another thread which is why I brought up to the dealer and they found it.

TST - 133582.

Not sure what TST means but it is brp so who knows. When I pick it up I’ll double check and see what my dealer says it was and let y’all know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts