Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...the inner sheeve doesn't balance up with the rest of the primary clutch does it,the inner sheeve is balanced by itself right?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Hi all...the inner sheeve doesn't balance up with the rest of the primary clutch does it,the inner sheeve is balanced by itself right?
correct.....the are balanced independently. Just make sure when you reassemble the outer that you line up the marks on the outer with the governor cup she reassembling

·
Registered
123 Posts
What are the symptoms if during re-assembly the marks are not aligned correctly?
i think that i might not have aligned the marks when i removed the assembly to service the one way bearing.

thanks

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I built a tool and started balancing my clutches on my brp sleds and it made a big improvement . They say they are done at the factory , but I found that they don't do a very good job . I found that by getting the primary spot on they work smoother and parts don't wear near as fast . On my sleds that I did the idle went up 250 rpm by having the primary's balanced .

I think I will do my turbo primary and float the secondary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
No , I put a threaded shaft through the centre of the clutch . It then is hanging by the horizontal shaft which is resting on bearings . Then it will always spin on the bearings and the heavy side on the clutch goes to the bottom .

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
The home built tool has a nice heavy plate on the bottom and two arms that come up about a foot . Each arm has two bearings on it . So the balancing shaft sits on these 4 bearing while your working on the clutch . It's about as simple as it gets . I removed the seals on the bearings and lube them with very light oil . A half of a paper clip on a clutch will make it move on the tool . Some clutches are terrible . I have found that I can true many by re-positioning the clutch components and the make new timing marks . I did come across two clutches that were 100% perfect .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts