Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Dragonfire Racing quick release kit put on today. It looks and works great! I am much happier now because I don't have opening doors and now that I can remove the wheel the seat goes in much easier!

Del Amo Motorsports WORCS #661

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ive had mine on a little over a year. One of the better mods Ive done. Little tricky getting the nut tight though. Not a lot of room for a socket. Had to modify one of mine.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really?! I just used a standard 3/4 deep craftsman socket put some blue loctite on there and it went on no problem. Possible the opened the ID of the spline adapter up a little bit since you purchased yours?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
yea might have. none the less good mod though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mega, no it actually puts it exactly where it was before instal I measured before and after. I did have to make a little plastic collar to cover that bearing behind the adapter I didn't want that exposed to the elements. I've had a few different steering wheels and to be honest the stock maverick wheels works great to me for racing

·
Registered
78 Posts
I went with the suede off set wheel to get the wheel closer to me. Like the addition and now I can really get up on the wheel and don't feel like I am reaching as much.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The suede steering wheel looks pretty sweet. I usually have to wear sticky-ish gloves in order to get a good grip on my stock steering wheel. Besides the use of getting out of your vehicle better, what are other reasons to have these?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The suede steering wheel looks pretty sweet. I usually have to wear sticky-ish gloves in order to get a good grip on my stock steering wheel. Besides the use of getting out of your vehicle better, what are other reasons to have these?
You may like the offset wheel to get it closer to you. It sets the wheel about 3" closer to you. For me it is a more comfortable reach than the stock wheel set up. I wish the diameter was about an inch larger but this one is a tad larger than the stock one so its better for me. I will try to get a pic of mine so you can see the difference.

·
Registered
78 Posts
photo-1.jpg photo-2.jpg Not sure how well these will turn out but the first one is a side by side comparison of the stock wheel ( In my hand ) and the Dragonfire offset wheel.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I thought about getting the one that comes in closer but I'm a bigger guy and my son rides in my lap sometimes so I stayed with the stock length

·
Registered
78 Posts
I thought about getting the one that comes in closer but I'm a bigger guy and my son rides in my lap sometimes so I stayed with the stock length
Makes sense. It really reduces the distance between you and the wheel. I liked the non dished wheel but decided to set it up closer to what my dirt car was.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
These wheels are sweet and great for people that leave machines out while camping. Nobody wants to think they have to have anti theft devices,but when upgrading your wheel why not? It may be the difference between your ride staying in camp and the next guys not..

Devious PowerSports ,Tyler

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yea I am a fatass too but with the offset you can slide the seat back further from the pedals to stretch out your legs more and not have to reach so far for the wheel. But that is why they make more than one style. Great add on

1 - 18 of 18 Posts