Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the LSR flat aluminum roof and we ended up swapping it out and returning it for the OEM roof because the rattles. It was super loud and would bang against the roof. My dealership even took it to LSR and had them take a look but the noises would not go away. It looked really cool but I didn't want to have to keep holding the front down by hand while driving. Another thing to think about is if you plan on getting a roof rack make sure the roof you get supports a rack without having to go completely custom. Hope that helps

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have the lone Star roof and NO rattles or wind noise whatsoever!
You have to place the supplied weather stripping in the correct places.
A pricey good looking roof but well worth it.IMO

CIMG4543.JPG

Works with a full glass BM windshield too.
CIMG4685.JPG

·
Registered
403 Posts
The dragon fire one doesnt replace the top bars. The lonestar one does which is why it's more and imo looks 10x better. Lowers the overall height of the car. If you're just looking to get a roof on I'd try to find someone who took off their stock one. If imagine you could find one cheaper.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Protection is my main reasoning. My last Maverick I had rolled over on the roof and there was a ~3" tree that was keeping my machine from going down a steep hill. I think it would have punctured a plastic roof, but who knows. I think the aluminum/steel roofs look better than plastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pretty old thread, but I put on the Dragonfire roof. I have a 2013 Commander with a Turnkey roof and there is no comparison. The Dragonfire is quite thin in comparison and when driving, it is noisy. I'd call it "Oil Canning" If I put pressure on the center the noise goes way down, but still there. The Turnkey, being a lot heavier, makes no noise and there is no flexing at speed. I thought it might be better than the LSR one because it hangs over the side to maybe keep more water out, but I almost wish I'd have just gone with the plastic OEM one....... Or convince Turnkey to make one for the Trail.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Besides looks, is there actually any benifit on putting a solid aluminum roof on?

For me it was to lower everything. The roof line dropped a few inches. Allowing me to get it into my toy hauler with my spare tire on top if I still wanted. Plus it makes the car look 10x better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts