Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2014 non- DPS for a good price. Would I regret not having DPS and the " better" Visco-Lok QE ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you play in the mud real hard or crawl a lot then get the QE if not get the non DPS and put a super Atv Ez steer on it for less than half the price difference. I ride fast trail and XC race. I prefer non QE diff. That's just me though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Get the Power steering it is worth every penny. Used a RZR 4 900 without it, had fun bought a max with it and now I can't live without it. No regrets on the extra cash spent. Plus that's not the only extras that come with an xrs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
All xrs have bead locks. The can am ps is not quite as good as the aftermarket units. Plus the motor is mounted down near the rack. Exposed to all the elements.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You can get the xrs non DPS for about $1500 cheaper than the DPS one. With that said I did rock sliders, harness bar and super atv power steering with the savings.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'd go QE with the DPS if I were buying new.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Factory QE and DPS gets my vote. It's there and ready go when you bring it home. No tracking down the parts to do it and then deal with the labor time etc.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I went with a XRS DPS, being my first ride with power steering I can't compare much. But I do love it on the trails the adjustability is nice as well. I'm no serious mudder, but play in the trails and try and climb the hills. I figured those slick off camber hill climbs the QE would be worth it. I've had it with one front in the air and my freinds say both front tires always spin at the same time.

For me it was the fact I got the DPS and QE in a package deal ready to go with a full warranty with no issues. From what I've read about tie rods, ball joints, spindles etc. I didn't want to install an aftermarket PS then have a failure in some other steering component and have the warranty denied cause of the aftermarket PS.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Came from a Standard RZR and then RZR S over the last 5yrs. The power steering isnt needed so much for the "easy steering" for me as it is I love not getting the kick back into the steering wheel when you hit stuff. Without power steering I would feel a jerk in the wheel several times a ride as you hit rocks etc. My friend actually broke his wrist from this "kick" because he had his hand in the steering wheel when it happened. With Power steering I have never felt this, just a nice smooth ride

·
Registered
371 Posts
Came from a Standard RZR and then RZR S over the last 5yrs. The power steering isnt needed so much for the "easy steering" for me as it is I love not getting the kick back into the steering wheel when you hit stuff. Without power steering I would feel a jerk in the wheel several times a ride as you hit rocks etc. My friend actually broke his wrist from this "kick" because he had his hand in the steering wheel when it happened. With Power steering I have never felt this, just a nice smooth ride
Very true on the kick back I noticed that is so much nicer when going down a steep hill and need to use one hand to keep from spilling my Soda pop.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
I have driven the Maverick with the DPS and without power steering. You will be doing yourself a disservice by not getting it with DPS. It is the trickest power steering on the market. The 3 power levels adjustable on the fly is amazing. You may not think you need it, but once you drive one with power steering you will not questioned it. Especially the first time you hit something and you realize the steering wheel is not going to get yanked out of you hand.

$1,500 difference is well worth it (i am sure you can talk your dealer down a little more on the price). This is a ride you are going to have for a long time don't skip out now.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I have driven the Maverick with the DPS and without power steering. You will be doing yourself a disservice by not getting it with DPS. It is the trickest power steering on the market. The 3 power levels adjustable on the fly is amazing. You may not think you need it, but once you drive one with power steering you will not questioned it. Especially the first time you hit something and you realize the steering wheel is not going to get yanked out of you hand.

$1,500 difference is well worth it (i am sure you can talk your dealer down a little more on the price). This is a ride you are going to have for a long time don't skip out now.
Good advice there!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Power steering is for pussies! Lol... Sxs were drivin for years without ps. That's part of the fun.

Reactions: Clifs maverick

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Power steering is for pussies! Lol... Sxs were drivin for years without ps. That's part of the fun.
LMAO! You say that until you drive one with power steering. I will never own another SXS without power steering. While you are two handing it through the rocks, trees, etc -- your pussy buddy with power steering with be one handing it while holding his drink in the other hand. :smile:

Reactions: Canamxteam

·
Registered
458 Posts
LMAO! You say that until you drive one with power steering. I will never own another SXS without power steering. While you are two handing it through the rocks, trees, etc -- your pussy buddy with power steering with be one handing it while holding his drink in the other hand. :smile:
ohh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend your "manhood"... My 11 year old son and my wife drive mine with no complaints, I'm running 30" mudlites, no problems here.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
ohh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend your "manhood"... My 11 year old son and my wife drive mine with no complaints, I'm running 30" mudlites, no problems here.
lol! You are a smart man not to let either drive a Maverick with power steering. Otherwise the complaints would be coming.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts