Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the tilt up kolpin shield on my commander and loved it. Will it meet DOT in Mi if I decide to street legal it?

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
To be DOT approved there should be a label or stamp stating that on the shield.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
No it has to say dot on the windshield it has to be hard coated lex an or safety glass. Polycarbonate isn't going to work you have to have it inspected by the police with your tr-54 form

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EMP's windshield is poly carbinate and it says DOT on it, no? Im confused, just trying to get the best package with roof etc. thx

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Maybe its the other way around. Lol my fault. I have the emp dual hardcoated windshield. Yes it does say dot on it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
No mine is the solid windshield I like it it def cuts the wind down and the emp quick quick straps are nice you can take it off in seconds. The hold tight to.

·
Vendor
1,768 Posts
The EMP is the way to go. Alot of our customers that go Street legal use it. I do offer Forum Discount on this as well. Feel free to PM me if your looking for a price. Also, as Cholber stated, the straps work very nice!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the tilt up kolpin shield on my commander and loved it. Will it meet DOT in Mi if I decide to street legal it?
Did you find a windshield for your maverick? I have a max and looking to street legal it and would like some help,my bank already gave me in writing a ok to change vin so now to buy parts,thanks joe from Northern Mich.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts