Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is are there any of you running automotive truck tires? DOT is also part of the question. How do they run? Rougher ride? Heavier? Likes and dislikes?

My buddy was talking about super swamper 27 x 8.5 x 14 or simmilar size. He thought they would be tougher than the current tires he is running. Thoughts please.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
new big horns came out with a nice tires and DOT

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
my friend just bought them ill see what he has to say but I think there a pretty popular good tire

Maxxis - Product Search Results

u will need new 14'' rims !

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Efx motoclaws are dot

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Efx's only come in 27's and 30's. That's is the tire of my choice also but want 28. Super swamper has the tsl which is Dot and only comes in 27" and 30 also. This is utv tires though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
My buddy runs the general 27x10x14 light truck/utv tire(it looks like a siped bfg knock off but the tread is a lot softer) on a wildcat, he got them from discount tires with full warranty. They are really predictable and work great for the desert riding we do

·
Registered
668 Posts
34 swamper ltbs , ground clearance is amazing but suck ass in the mud . Ride smooth and will last for ever on the

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input guys

Still have some question about how it will affect the ride I think they would make for a stiffer ride. As well as not clean out as well in the mud. Is this what you ment sta?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Correct they just don't have the lug to hang with atv tires.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My intent is to order up the bias ply swampers in a 27.5x9.5x14, mount them in all four corners. If they dont want to clean out too well, I can order a tire groover and cut some out for a little cleaner tread. Mainly, I have ruined 4 flippin rear tires now, and am just tired of buying new tires every few months. I could fix the sidewalls on my current set, and run tubes, but then when I have a flat, i have to tear that tire down to fix the stupid tube.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Even cut the basic atv tire will walk them. Think of it as tractor tires and truck tires just it the same league . But..... Truck tires look great and last forever.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ya the last forever part is what emichel is shooting for. Seams like every time we ride he has a tire issue. Just bad luck I guess. I drive just as hard as him most of the time and have been ok for the most part. Blew a bead once and one plug is all. He is on second set of tires and killed two of them already sense this fall.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts