Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 1000r. I want some opinions on a few things. First off is lift kits. Great for added clearance but has anyone noticed having axle problems. What about snorkels. A technician told me unless I plan on being in water a lot of the time, I should stay away from them because clutch overheats. I would love to lift my unit three inches and put a snorkel on it with some silver backs but I don't want to be blowing axels and screwing my clutch. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
217 Posts
You should ,be fine with a 3 inch lift and as far as snorkels find another technician because as long as its snorkeled rite you wont have any problems

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
we will find out alot about lifts and axles , steering , after the mud nats !

Reactions: duke3577

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
To bad no one makes axles yet! I've been waiting 8 weeks for an aftermarket axle with no luck. But call everybody and all they will say is 2 weeks lol. With a 3 inch lift I don't see any problems with axle bind it's just not that much of an angle. And I'll have to second what duke said snorkeling the maverick if done right will cause no adverse effects so get after it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
To bad no one makes axles yet! I've been waiting 8 weeks for an aftermarket axle with no luck. But call everybody and all they will say is 2 weeks lol. With a 3 inch lift I don't see any problems with axle bind it's just not that much of an angle. And I'll have to second what duke said snorkeling the maverick if done right will cause no adverse effects so get after it.
what ya mean if the snorkel kit is done right? i just bought a kit but but havent got it yet. is there something i need to know besides what the directions are gonna tell me?

·
Registered
217 Posts
what ya mean if the snorkel kit is done right? i just bought a kit but but havent got it yet. is there something i need to know besides what the directions are gonna tell me?
What kit did u buy ?? That's the thing the snorkels have to be the rite size for air flow and I've seen guys buy n the sya kit and complain n big time the best kit is performance atv kit

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Or just do it yourself, it's really easy and u save yourself a few hundred. I just went with 2 inch Id black PVC. Don't get crazy with alot of bends because that restricts airflow,and it will work just fine. I think I've got 85$ in my snorkles. I even took the time to paint them flat black to match the cage.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Or just do it yourself, it's really easy and u save yourself a few hundred. I just went with 2 inch Id black PVC. Don't get crazy with alot of bends because that restricts airflow,and it will work just fine. I think I've got 85$ in my snorkles. I even took the time to paint them flat black to match the cage.
that was my plan thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have 30" moto monsters on mine, they ride alot rougher than the 30" backs I have on my XMR. But honestly once I added power steering to the maverick, I dont even notice the monsters any more. The terms are a nice tire but dont pull as hard as backs or the monters do. And they dont clean out near as well either. What Ive learned in the past is just use a lil common sense when you have overly aggressive tires and you'll be fine. Plus, can am stock axles are pretty damn strong in comparison to other axles. Driller77 is the only person I know of that has blown one. But he will tell ya it was his own fault :big smile:

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have 30" moto monsters on mine, they ride alot rougher than the 30" backs I have on my XMR. But honestly once I added power steering to the maverick, I dont even notice the monsters any more. The terms are a nice tire but dont pull as hard as backs or the monters do. And they dont clean out near as well either. What Ive learned in the past is just use a lil common sense when you have overly aggressive tires and you'll be fine. Plus, can am stock axles are pretty damn strong in comparison to other stock axles. Driller77 is the only person I know of that has blown one. But he will tell ya it was his own fault :big smile:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts