Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have both to install,which should go first so things go smoothly? I have the seats and most of the interior plastics out but should I also take the yellow plastics off too? Thanks.

·
Banned
546 Posts
No you dont have to talk that all off.. What doors did you buy ? There both pretty easy to install

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bling Star doors, five point harnesses.I suppose the nets and seat/shoulder belts come off,I know about the drivers belt wiring deal.Do you know if I use those four points?The heat is on in the shop so I'll be on it soon...thanks for any tips.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Use both lower mounting points same as factory belts do!

·
Banned
546 Posts
I didn't buy or install the ball decapator

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Thanks... I suppose the bar is for the top mounts then and the hassle part comes when that mounting the fifth point belt.
There are a couple threads showing how and where to mount the crotch belt. It makes it SOOOOO much more comfortable with the center belt because it holds the lap belt in the proper position so it cant ride up.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
There are a couple threads showing how and where to mount the crotch belt. It makes it SOOOOO much more comfortable with the center belt because it holds the lap belt in the proper position so it cant ride up.
Yea I posted pics on here somewhere but am too busy to go dig them up.......highly recommended though.

·
Registered
684 Posts
This is where I mounted my fifth point. Driver side was easy, passenger side was a little more difficult but not impossible.

I also had to trim the plastic pieces that cover the under seat area.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just about a done deal.......thinking about bunjie cord for the crotch strap,why not if it's just to hold the lap belt down?:question:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone tell me how to get around the seatbelt electronics. How do i get around the safety switch that restricts the power if it is not latched when i install my new harness?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I unscrewed the 4 small ones on the plastic buckle,cut the wires and tied the 2 together.Used a very small straight screwdriver.

·
Banned
546 Posts
I have no.idea how ur belts are riding up if ur lap.belts on correctly

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Anyone tell me how to get around the seatbelt electronics. How do i get around the safety switch that restricts the power if it is not latched when i install my new harness?
welcome to the forum…..if you remove the interior panel and find the wire going to the seatbelt, just cut it and splice the 2 wires together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts