Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opened up my new rims/Skats today from Xtreme and found a t-shirt that says "Don't drink the FSS Kool-aid"
Since I'm in Michigan I had to really rack my brain on what this meant… When I figured it out it all made sense… FSS did recommend I go with 10" wide rims and at least 12 paddle skats on my stock mav!

I'm gonna wear it to Easter dinner by the way.

I would highly recommend Tim and Xtreme if you need paddles. Top notch service and a FREE shirt! :haha:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
LOL

awesome

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ok im stupid whats FSS?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
they push there $2,000 paddle wheels tire set up lol

instead of $399 skats that r faster , :)

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
And skats and gbc and dwt, and just about any other sand tire or wheel you can think of

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
LOL! That is a funny shirt.

Have any of you actually called FSS before? I have only one dealing with them and I was not pushed into any particular brand or style of paddle tire set up. Of course, I already did my testing of paddles tires before I made the call and knew what I wanted.

My friend purchased skats and front buffs for his wildcat X through them. They did not try push him toward the blasters.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
LOL! That is a funny shirt.

Have any of you actually called FSS before? I have only one dealing with them and I was not pushed into any particular brand or style of paddle tire set up. Of course, I already did my testing of paddles tires before I made the call and knew what I wanted.

My friend purchased skats and front buffs for his wildcat X through them. They did not try push him toward the blasters.
lol

blasters r nice , just alot of coin, but they do float good

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I have dealt with FSS for years. Dave and Joe have never pushed anything on me. In fact Dave, a RZR owner more or less steered me to buying à Maverick. Dave Aldo recommended Skats for my Maverick in a 7 to 9 paddle extreme, or a 10 to 12 paddle glider.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
I was just curious. The shirt is funny.

Benzo - For my ride the difference between the skat 30" and Blaster was $10.00 a tire.

My problem was I bought my entire set up for my Rhino for $600.00 and that inlcuded lug nuts. So when I was getting quotes on my new ride I about passed out. You Maverick guys get to run a 12" rim so the skats are much cheaper.

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Benzo - I thought you were going to glamis now that you replaced the bad bushing in your ride.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Yeah Sandy, for a 12 inch setup, the STIs are about $1500 for paddles and buffs . Still à little spendy

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
Yep - it gets pricey. I knew I wanted beadlocks so I expected to pay.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I agree or the bead locks. Seen toi many lose the bead on low psi

·
Registered
664 Posts
I drank the FSS koolaid once back when I had my Commander. Those Blasters are dogs especially at 5000 ft. where I do most of my dune riding. 2 rides and I unloaded them suckers. I took a nice bath on that deal.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Benzo - I thought you were going to glamis now that you replaced the bad bushing in your ride.
decided to hold off had something come up .

my $3 dolla bushing messed it all up lol jk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
decided to hold off had something come up .

my $3 dolla bushing messed it all up lol jk
So your not coming out this weekend?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
lol

blasters r nice , just alot of coin, but they do float good
Yeah, they are not cheap thats for sure. They do float on the sand really well.They also work WAY better on a 10" rear rim.
I also have never had FSS push any particular type of tire on me. However, I have to talked to Tim at Extreme and I agree he is very knowledgeable and helpful. I was just wanting to try a different set up,so that lead my decision. I am very happy with the blasters on the 10" rim.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I called the kool-aid man and asked about a good setup on my Mav and they said 12 paddle skats etc. after doing some research, 7 or 8s seem to be the best. They weren't forcing me any which way they just seemed like they didn't have a clue.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts