Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode royal blue first time with the mav since I got the build done, very happy with the cage, bumpers nerfs , tires ect.......BUT I am not happy with my clutch , no problem just need to tune the stm for 30's , and the shocks sucked big, I've added substantial weight and carry a lot with me but worse case 500 lbs max. I know alex is getting 2.0's close but I am very impatient so my question is will elka or fox gold podium or jri be a fix or will I still have weight issues. And yes I have weight issues before you all hammer me...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I though 2.0 fox only came on the xxc?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Alex is REALLY close to getting them dialed in.....It will save you a ton of money over upgrading

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw April from Alex, but I know he is buried in work, I also spoke with him, I also dont want to put money into them even at $800 - $1000, that's a third of the way to stage 5's or gold podiums.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I saw April from Alex, but I know he is buried in work, I also spoke with him, I also dont want to put money into them even at $800 - $1000, that's a third of the way to stage 5's or gold podiums.
I hear ya....if you have the $$$ to upgrade then go for it....

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm the one testing the 2.0 Fox's with Alex. We are so close, And I'm very excited about what we accomplished this past week. Matter of fact the 2.0's are better in stock form then the 2.5's If you can wait another week or two. We tested on a track all day , I like where we are at with the 2.0's, we now have to put it in the trails to make sure we are going in the right direction both trail and track. It will be worth your while if you can hold on a little bit longer and not spend a boat load of money on different shocks. PS Don't add extra weight anywhere, that is not helping you, its hurting. Stay tuned, very soon, I promise.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The only weight added is with the cage bumpers doors , ect.. I don't want to add weight, but the mods do in everyone's ride. Steve, trust me I, don't want anymore....lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
The 2.0's are plusher, (softer) for normal trail riding, the 2.5's are harsh, stiff can't get enough rebound in them. This is stock form for both before reworking them. The guys I ride with that has the stock 2.5's have asked me for a year, even got in mine and said yours seems to have a lot softer ride with a slower rebound. I'm not pumping up the 2.0's because I have them. At Durham Town GA. on the GP track, they s__k, bottomed out everywhere. Tore my skids off. Both sets of shocks have there good traits, we are trying to fix the bad traits and keep the good traits to give you the best of both worlds without spending $2500- 3000.00 for a after market set. I'm not on the payroll here guys. I have a lot of knowledge with shocks and feel over the last 40 years of racing everything know to mankind. And Alex is great to work with on his knowledge of the 2.5's and now the 2.0's. If your fed up, I understand, We are just trying to make the stock stuff better and we are, hands down. Have a good day!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Steve, I will wait, but will this fix my issues with the weight? I bottomed out all day and I have the shocks cranked up about an inch and a half.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
all u need is heavy springs and a alex adjustment

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
Thanks Steve, I will wait, but will this fix my issues with the weight? I bottomed out all day and I have the shocks cranked up about an inch and a half.
No problem at all. I just spring it heavier to deal with your extra couple thousand pounds and add to the rebound to control the heavier spring. No different than what I do on the 2.5 shocks.
I know people hate waiting but I promise it's much better to wait till its right rather than rush stuff out the door and need it back a second time.

·
Registered
395 Posts
JW, I understand what you are saying, that's why the 2.0's have a softer ride, softer springs then the 2.5's. That's why Alex went with a heavier dual spring rate, one spring for the soft plush ride and one a little stiffer to keep from bottoming out, along with new valving a plus plus. You have to be careful of your ride heights getting to high then you will lose your turning abilities.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the effort Alex, I know how it can be as I am self employed and deal with trying to stay ahead as well, I will wait as I trust what you and Steve are saying.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trail riding in TN mostly, royal blue, windrock, picketts ect... a lot of rock, off camber, mud, steep hill climbs, rode 123 miles Saturday at royal blue, we ride at a pretty good clip to cover that in the daylight on trails .

·
Registered
395 Posts
Trail riding in TN mostly, royal blue, windrock, picketts ect... a lot of rock, off camber, mud, steep hill climbs, rode 123 miles Saturday at royal blue, we ride at a pretty good clip to cover that in the daylight on trails .
How is Royal Blue? That's on my list of places to go, compare it to WV. I hear it is better.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
All of tennessee isnt rocky trails is it? Ive been debating heading down to ride but was hoping there are smoother faster paced trails that go into the mountains.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts