Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking all the interior panels off to put some heat barrier on them and while I had everything off, I wanted to get a closer look at everything and noticed the front drive shaft doesn't appear to be all the way on the output shaft. The rear drive shaft is butted all the way up against the base of the shaft. Can anyone confirm if theirs looks like this or is this not on all of the way?

IMG_0197.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, thanks…..just wanted to double-check. Curious why it does not slip on any further than this????

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I noticed that on mine the first time I removed the plastics but since it was brand new I assumed it was normal. So this is good news.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys…..glad this is "normal". Just wonder how much shaft is inside the drive line?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Could you get a better pic of that oil seal? Maybe wipe it off, it appears to be a updated seal from what the Commander had. That one was a common leaker on them, put a brand new in and it will still leak.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you get a better pic of that oil seal? Maybe wipe it off, it appears to be a updated seal from what the Commander had. That one was a common leaker on them, put a brand new in and it will still leak.
Sorry, it's all put back together now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts