Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've yet to be contacted from my Dealer or can am about the recall for the starter or clutch stud. My question is does it seem to stop belt slipping or extend belt life. With a new belt I can get 75 mph all day long but once the belt gets wore I maybe get 73. I can still be climbing in mph and get to like 68-70 and hit 8050 rpms and its like the thing falls on its face and slowly creeps up to 73. I know they are limited but it sucks once I get a few hundred miles on a belt it cuts down like that. Does aftermarket primary and secondary's give it more top end before it cuts out?
There are some factory differences in these machines... I have a 2013 xrs bought new at same time as my buddy. Mine after break in will go 73 that's it up hill down hill dont matter just like u revs 8050 from 68mph on. My buddy's will go 76-78 mph. The other difference is mine is quicker 0-70 mph by a couple lengths. His is faster on top end though. Everything is the same as far as air pressure in tires and accessories

I just got my 2014 and it is like my buddy's 2013. It is 76+mph but not as quick as my 2013. I would like to find the difference.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts