Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've yet to be contacted from my Dealer or can am about the recall for the starter or clutch stud. My question is does it seem to stop belt slipping or extend belt life. With a new belt I can get 75 mph all day long but once the belt gets wore I maybe get 73. I can still be climbing in mph and get to like 68-70 and hit 8050 rpms and its like the thing falls on its face and slowly creeps up to 73. I know they are limited but it sucks once I get a few hundred miles on a belt it cuts down like that. Does aftermarket primary and secondary's give it more top end before it cuts out?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I can't tell you if it helps or not but FYI don't wait for the dealer to contact you. Mine never did and now that I'm ready to have the work done I called them and gave them the VIN. They ran the number and called me back and said they would order the clutch parts and check to see if I needed the starter or not and then they would order that after they verified which starter I had. I told them the part number of my description since I knew it was the cheap one and that allowed them to pre order that part as well. If not for having that information I would have had to take it back to them a second time to have the starter installed. They also told me they would likely keep it overnight so they could be certain the red loctite would have enough time to set up before use.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ditch the stock clutch if you can, mine slipped from day one. Killing belt life and performance. It had recall clutch. upgraded to qsc stm and performance is great, not to mention the reliability! I hated the maverick until I changed clutches. Now I just have to get power steering and qe.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the problem was they used a bolt to hold the clutch on and when the 2 piece clutch would slip it would over tighten the bolt and break it blowing the clutch up ,

so the new thing is a full length stud that's bottomed out and canNOT be over tighten and break ( so we all hope), so yes its a super good idea to get it done

also can am is so nice they extended the cvt warranty 6 more months on all mavericks

·
Registered
278 Posts
I've yet to be contacted from my Dealer or can am about the recall for the starter or clutch stud. My question is does it seem to stop belt slipping or extend belt life. With a new belt I can get 75 mph all day long but once the belt gets wore I maybe get 73. I can still be climbing in mph and get to like 68-70 and hit 8050 rpms and its like the thing falls on its face and slowly creeps up to 73. I know they are limited but it sucks once I get a few hundred miles on a belt it cuts down like that. Does aftermarket primary and secondary's give it more top end before it cuts out?
There are some factory differences in these machines... I have a 2013 xrs bought new at same time as my buddy. Mine after break in will go 73 that's it up hill down hill dont matter just like u revs 8050 from 68mph on. My buddy's will go 76-78 mph. The other difference is mine is quicker 0-70 mph by a couple lengths. His is faster on top end though. Everything is the same as far as air pressure in tires and accessories

I just got my 2014 and it is like my buddy's 2013. It is 76+mph but not as quick as my 2013. I would like to find the difference.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
the problem was they used a bolt to hold the clutch on and when the 2 piece clutch would slip it would over tighten the bolt and break it blowing the clutch up ,

so the new thing is a full length stud that's bottomed out and canNOT be over tighten and break ( so we all hope), so yes its a super good idea to get it done

also can am is so nice they extended the cvt warranty 6 more months on all mavericks
Really, all Mavericks? I thought that was just extended to those who had issues with their clutch. I never had any trouble so didn't think my warranty would be extended.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Really, all Mavericks? I thought that was just extended to those who had issues with their clutch. I never had any trouble so didn't think my warranty would be extended.
its good for all mavericks no matter if u had problems or not

I never had a clutch problem or belt and I received a letter last week ,

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I was hoping the stud would help for now. I plan to update the clutch just don't have the extra cash right now to do it. I can't wait to feel the feeling of one if its as good as everyone says!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
its good for all mavericks no matter if u had problems or not

I never had a clutch problem or belt and I received a letter last week ,
Well I've had mine for 6 months now and never got anything from the dealer or CanAm like I think I was supposed to. Didn't most people get something from the factory shortly after their purchase?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I havent recieved anything from can am yet. Ive only had mine a little over a month though.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Well I've had mine for 6 months now and never got anything from the dealer or CanAm like I think I was supposed to. Didn't most people get something from the factory shortly after their purchase?
I was talking about the new just released from can am extension of the cvt clutch warranty for 6 months - letters just went out

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
I expected to get a "title" in the mail or some proof but still haven't! That was since march. I contacted my dealer to prove ownership and registration for warranty and they printed something that has my name and vin number from can am. Still wasn't what I was expecting but now I know I'm in their system. They should at least send out a package welcoming me to BRP with a title of ownership and offers for extended warranties, B.E.S.T., or something you would think. I got all that when I bought my Renegade only a month later, what gives?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts